I am with you too.  I do not like most of the new hosts.  Someone should be training them better.  And they all wear too much makeup and look ridiculous.  Jill’s look and mannerisms show that there are still classy women in the work force.  She takes pride in her appearance and that shows.  Good luck to you Jill.

Occasional Contributor

And they will continue to hire all women on their network.  Since Dan Wheeler retired, they hired one male.  Even the assistants are all women.  All shows now are products and clothing for women.   No products for men ever.  Sad this channel has become so sexist.  I miss the days of Jeff Hewson and 18K gold jewelry for MEN...and craftsman tools, etc.  Sad they engage just a biased marketing and HR dept.

Occasional Contributor

Show hosts, with the exception of a few, have become so aggressive that I can’t stand to watch some of them.  They never stop talking!  They interrupt the product Rep constantly while THEY are trying to explain their product, and even talk over them.  It’s like....SHUT UP and let them talk about their product!!  Rick Dolmier is the worst.  The man never shuts up.

Valued Contributor

RICK IS A "MAN" !

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Justicecity @It’s funny you want more men but rick is your least favourite host.I have to agree that Rick can out talk most.Somedays I like it and somedays it wears me out.

Honored Contributor

@Justicecity wrote:

And they will continue to hire all women on their network.  Since Dan Wheeler retired, they hired one male.  Even the assistants are all women.  All shows now are products and clothing for women.   No products for men ever.  Sad this channel has become so sexist.  I miss the days of Jeff Hewson and 18K gold jewelry for MEN...and craftsman tools, etc.  Sad they engage just a biased marketing and HR dept.

I  prefer to listen to a pleasant womens voice over a mans. I did Like Dave James voice.

I wish he would come back,

I too am so sorry to hear of Jill's retiring. She is one of my favorite hosts and is so soft spoken and just very down to earth and sweet. Some of he ones on QVC are just so LOUD and SIlly acting and seem to want to steal the show with their antics and the way they strut around the set and the irratating voices and laughs I have to turn the channel off when many of them are on regardless if I like the designer or product they will be hosting.  So many of my friends too turn the TV  to another channel when many of them come on that are just too loud and goffey acting and many are the so called darlings of QVC.  Well they aren't darling to many, many customers and the newer ones too are not much better with their loudness, sillyness and a couple of newer ones with such irritating voices like one in paticular named Mary with the so called texas? accent  we don't know how they got hired for this type of job  and that we have to turn the channel and watch later when they are off. Not what we want to see or listen too.  A couple of the newer ones like Christina the sweet acting and soft spoken blonde are a breath of fresh air and hope they don't end up like some of the others that have been on there for a long time and end up irratating as they are to us now.  So good luck to Jill and know she was admired and so well liked by the customers of QVC and hope she enjoys her life to the fullest in whatever she ends up doing.  Thanks for so many wonderful and enjoyable shows of shopping because of you being on them.   Good luck in all that you do, you'll be missed. Smiley Happy

Honesly, I throught Jill had one child, her son...knew his name, Trevor..couldn't tell ya in a million years what her daughters name was

Honored Contributor

There are three channels they need hosts for.  I always thought it was ridiculous to have 2 other channels.  I only watch QVC and never the other two.  Jill probably got fed up with the channel circus.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree   The problem with 30 & 40 age groups is they are working during the day and may not have time to watch in the evening if they have small children.  The retirees can watch any time which I believe is their bread & butter and also people that live in remote areas with no stores around.

kindness is strength