Valued Contributor

@Krimpette I am also saddened by this news.  Jill's understated presentations will be missed.  I remember a Dooney show she did and it was excellent.  No silliness, no shouting, just information about the product and not about herself.  Like other posters have said, I know no young people  that watch or buy from QVC.  The newer hosts are mostly an immediate turn-off for me and the product selection is very stale.  Jill was part of the "old" QVC which I loved and she will be missed. 

Super Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I know exactly what Jill is saying.  There doesn't have to be anything drastic or bombastic, it's just a knowing when it's time.  I had the same feeling at 55 and retired in March of last year.  Never looked back, no regret - it was time and the right decision.  I'm excited for her.

Congratulations!....I can't wait to do the same....I'll be 50 in August and will have 29 yrs with the federal government this June....I ponder with leaving in 2020 with 30 years or waiting until age 55 (without reduction)....I'm praying that I can hang in there til 55 and then do something different....that's my plan!

Esteemed Contributor

I listened to her heartfelt announcement yesterday, and I thought "Good for you." Twenty five years is a long time to work at one company. She turns 50 soon, and will have time to go to her son's games, take on projects, and be with her family on a regular basis. Thanks, Jill, for a job well done. 

Respected Contributor

My all-time favorite silver bracelet was (if I remember correctly) partly designed by Jill.  A wide but simple "florentined" bangle--I still wear it often. 

Very professional host--

Honored Contributor

Good for Jill!!  Sad for QVC; she is one of the best hosts ever.  As others have said, the new crop stinks.  But I believe it is in the training, and the changes the Q has made in how they want their hosts to present products.  I seldom watch these days, but Jill is one of the hosts I looked forward to seeing.  I guess I'll be watching even less.  The Q she is ending with is much different than the Q she started with.  On to better things!!!

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@chrystaltree, I don't think the age of the hosts is what will, or won't, appeal to the 30-40 year old up and coming viewers, but rather the products AND the presentation of those products. There are, IMHO, very few current "younger/newer" hosts that come close to current and past "veteran" hosts in professionalism and presentation. Seems to me the high standards once held by the Q have gone seriously downhill. Screeching, yelling, "sharing" way too much personal info, talking over vendors and being under-prepared for presentations have turned me off (and I'm guessing others too). And, needless to say - stale, outdated, high priced, nothing special, product lines are not going to attract new viewers and don't keep long time viewers interested.

My very best wishes to Jill. I've always enjoyed her and her calm demeanor. She's intelligent, knows her products and has never "showboated" or tried to outshine others. LuLu

Totally agree. I will miss her. She is a consummate professional. Wishing her all the best.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree  I agree. I expect many seasoned hosts to leave soon. They might also be seeing "the writing on the wall". 

Respected Contributor

Congratulations to Jill!  One of the last classy hosts on the Q.  Enjoy this next journey!!

Respected Contributor
I also liked Jill. Class act.
Respected Contributor

I am sorry to hear it. She will be missed .