Honored Contributor

I am one who doesn't really embrace change, most change anyway (and that's putting this mildly), so this news of Jill retiring is very sad to me.  I don't know why.

Good for her and she's worked hard and derseves to do whatever makes her heart sing.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Sorry to see Jill leave, but, wish her the best! She will be missed!

Jill,

http://animatedimagepic.com/image/good-luck/good-luck-7393.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Jill has entertained me and enlightened me for 25 years. She is a true professional, never screamed or hollered. Let the vendors speak. I just loved her At Home With Jill show.  Good luck Jill in your next chapter of life. 

Honored Contributor

I think host of the past were held to a higher standard, than today

I  buy  almost exclusively online, the shows no longer are informative , or interesting for me

Valued Contributor

It shocked me at first but not really as think family has always been Jill’s #1 priority.  She was from the era of newscaster to QVC.  So had her facts and was well prepared.  So many wonderful designer silver shows.  50/50 tour, stint in London and You’re Home with Jill.  QVC has become stale.  Doesn’t matter how many channels they air it’s all the same rehash.  How boring must the job be now.  Today’s host isn’t well prepared.  It’s all about silly and loud.  No substance or`variety.  Good for Jill.  I hope she enjoys her family and the beach.  Maybe she’ll start a home decor line.  I know I’d be interested.  

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if that's why some of the other hosts like Jane and Amy for example have become so loud and pushy and silly and fast talking lately. Nerves perhaps? Afraid the ax is about to fall on them.

New Contributor
I have always loved Jill. She's honest, well prepared, gracious, kind, and uses good judgement. The younger hosts could learn a lot from her and the other long running hosts like Jayne Brown, Pat, Mary Beth and Carolyn. They are too loud and unprepared. Many times they forget to show the colors available. I suspect that Jill will get involved with a home decor line. I notice that has become her love. I wish nothing but the best for her and she has brought many enjoyable hours of viewing to her fans.
Honored Contributor

I'm going to miss her.  She's one of my favorites.

I wish her well!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@chrystaltree I agree about passing the baton, but I have a niece in law in her 30's and a DIL in her early 40's and neither of them would buy the clothes shown on QVC! I know as  I've watched some of Q with them!

I totally agree with you.  I don't really know how to phrase it but I suppose, it's more a matter of QVC wanting to attract a demographic that thinks "younger" and acts "younger" and has a higher income level.  My own girls are 30ish, my niece is 40 and none of them would buy QVC clothes.  They would never watch QVC, in fact they all call it  "your QVC".  True.  My daughter bought a Keurig for her office, she did buy it from "your QVC" because she wanted it delivered directly to the office.  She went out of her way to stress that she only looked at Keurigs.  But the fact remain that hosts come across as "older" are not their future.   

Honored Contributor

While I truly wish her well, I selfishly am saddened by the news.  She's one of the few hosts I enjoy watching.  She's the one responsible for my love of silver jewelry from back when she had Sunday morning jewelry shows.  I'm really not enjoying watching as much these days, given the roster of newer (and not so newer) hosts.  Good luck, Jill.  I'll truly miss you!  You are a class act and always very well prepared.  Enjoy retirement!