Honored Contributor

Good for Jill!!!

Sometimes one knows when "life" is more important than a job!  I have enjoyed many years watching, her sharing her family times & more!

She is very lucky to have had a great career on QVC.  I'm sure it's not easy juggling crazy hours, same products to talk endlessly about -- I could never do it!

As longtime hosts are "slowly" departing sadly many longtime viewers, including me, are departing too!  QVC is certainly does not appeal to me anymore OR offer anything "unique" that I can't find other places.  

I wonder how much longer VPH or other longtime vendors OR hosts Mary Beth, Dan, etc...will be with Q?  We know David won't depart soon because he's their "golden boy who can sell ice to eskimos"!  Although, he might surprise me since he's been doing a lot of appearances outside of Q.

Good luck to her -- she deserves only the best!!!🌷

Respected Contributor

Jills last day with QVC will be mine too...yes, it's time to move on. 

Trusted Contributor

It saddens me that I won't see Jill on the Q anymore, however, it makes me happy for her to be able to leave QVC to spend more time with her family and embark on whatever journey life takes her on in this next new chapter.   Good luck, Jill! 

Honored Contributor

Although I do not watch much of QVC anymore, I do like Jill Bauer.  After June 12, I'll miss that there will no longer be the possibility of seeing her again.

For me, she was a "quality person."  Straight-talking, no-nonsense but very pleasant and enjoyable to listen to and watch.  There is something solid about her.  Sorry to see her leave.

Valued Contributor

@golding76, you nailed it.  "Solid" is the perfect adjective to describe Jill.  She's honest, she's thorough, and she has never gone on "auto-pilot."   Well said @golding76, well said.  LuLu

Super Contributor

I liked her as a host. I probably need to work until 70 to afford retirement. At minimum 67.. it gets harder everydy. I've been working more than 40 years already. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I hate to say but I think over the next year, several other longtime (i.e older) show hosts will be leaving "to spend time with my family".  QVC is passing the baton to the next generation.  They have to put younger faces on air if they want to attract a younger, as in 30's and 40's, customer.  

I absolutely agree with you.  I also think they will lose many current vendors like SG, logo, D&C  because most wonem in that age bracket won't buy that type of clothing.  My daughters in those age brackets would never wear those lines.  It's a fine line to walk, keeping we older customers while "trying" to cultivate a younger demographic.  

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I hate to say but I think over the next year, several other longtime (i.e older) show hosts will be leaving "to spend time with my family".  QVC is passing the baton to the next generation.  They have to put younger faces on air if they want to attract a younger, as in 30's and 40's, customer.  

I absolutely agree with you.  I also think they will lose many current vendors like SG, logo, D&C  because most wonem in that age bracket won't buy that type of clothing.  My daughters in those age brackets would never wear those lines.  It's a fine line to walk, keeping we older customers while "trying" to cultivate a younger demographic.  

I agree, my 30 year old daughter doesnt wear SG, Bob Mackie, LDO Or LOGO and she likes to go to Sephora for her make-up. A younger host is not going to make her watch QVC or an older one. She is not one to wait 10 days to receive things.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

Jill Bauer:  The real deal!  She will be extremely missed!!

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@chrystaltree, I don't think the age of the hosts is what will, or won't, appeal to the 30-40 year old up and coming viewers, but rather the products AND the presentation of those products. There are, IMHO, very few current "younger/newer" hosts that come close to current and past "veteran" hosts in professionalism and presentation. Seems to me the high standards once held by the Q have gone seriously downhill. Screeching, yelling, "sharing" way too much personal info, talking over vendors and being under-prepared for presentations have turned me off (and I'm guessing others too). And, needless to say - stale, outdated, high priced, nothing special, product lines are not going to attract new viewers and don't keep long time viewers interested.

My very best wishes to Jill. I've always enjoyed her and her calm demeanor. She's intelligent, knows her products and has never "showboated" or tried to outshine others. LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  - You said it all. My DD is in her late 20's, and she DOES buy some things from QVC. She is tiny, and LOGO looks great on her (always in black). She and her friends have huddled over their iphones to buy Barefoot Dreams. Some of them have bought shoes, and once in a while they will buy beauty products. However what they DON'T do is "watch" QVC. They will see something, watch the video on their phones, and order or not. 

I have been watching and ordering from QVC for about 12 years now. They definitely are changing. And I will be sad if they no longer want to appeal to my demographic, I'm sure they've done studies before making these changes. 

I loved the "Your Home with Jill" shows. I have a lot of things I ordered from those shows. I can't imagine anyone else who could present those as well. 

@beach-mom   I'm sure QVC will continue to appeal and market towards the demographic of baby boomers.....it's their bread & butter!  Sure they want to bring in younger customers but the primary buying demographic is to an older group.  Even when that older group moves on there will always be an older group that tends to have more discretionary income.

BTW,  My 33 year old daughter never watches the Q and very little interests her here.