Valued Contributor

Re: jill bauer retiring?

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree, I don't think the age of the hosts is what will, or won't, appeal to the 30-40 year old up and coming viewers, but rather the products AND the presentation of those products. There are, IMHO, very few current "younger/newer" hosts that come close to current and past "veteran" hosts in professionalism and presentation. Seems to me the high standards once held by the Q have gone seriously downhill. Screeching, yelling, "sharing" way too much personal info, talking over vendors and being under-prepared for presentations have turned me off (and I'm guessing others too). And, needless to say - stale, outdated, high priced, nothing special, product lines are not going to attract new viewers and don't keep long time viewers interested.

My very best wishes to Jill. I've always enjoyed her and her calm demeanor. She's intelligent, knows her products and has never "showboated" or tried to outshine others. LuLu

Esteemed Contributor

I wish her much happiness as she starts this new journey.  We know when it is time to move on, and I hope that she enjoys her family and anything else that she wants to do.  I think she will be missed, and I do expect other long-time hosts to join her in leaving the Q.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

This is very sad news for me.  Jill is one of 3 hosts that I can even begin to tolerate and she isn't on a lot of shows.  I do enjoy seeing her videos when she hosts the VPH shows. 

I like Jill simply because she does a good job with her presentations and she doesn't come up with outlandish ways to use a product or tell you how many of something she has bought.

I think she will be very happy as a busy, retired,  mom.  I wish her all the best. 

Respected Contributor

Always enjoyed her. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 

I couldn't agree more with everything you said.

Honored Contributor

That’s too bad. It won’t be the same without her. 

Honored Contributor

I remember Jill's first show and when they teamed her up with David. If I remember correctly QVC sent her to England for awhile? It was back when I used to watch QVC and enjoyed the programming.

I haven't actually watched her in years because I rarely if ever watch QVC but it is sad to read that she is retiring. It was always nice to think that she was still there.

I am sure none of us will ever really know whether she is leaving because she wants to or not. It sounds like QVC hired a lot of new hosts. A couple of them in the videos I have seen with the merchandise I am interested in can not hold a candle to the show hosts of yesteryear. However, time moves on and so did I.... The thought of watching someone selling me anything on television no longer appeals to me anyway....

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree I agree about passing the baton, but I have a niece in law in her 30's and a DIL in her early 40's and neither of them would buy the clothes shown on QVC! I know as  I've watched some of Q with them!

Honored Contributor
I got the feeling Jill is leaving Q but we'll see her doing something else. I don't think Q is the same anymore and it was time to move on. That schedule has to get old, especially if you have a family.
Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@chrystaltree, I don't think the age of the hosts is what will, or won't, appeal to the 30-40 year old up and coming viewers, but rather the products AND the presentation of those products. There are, IMHO, very few current "younger/newer" hosts that come close to current and past "veteran" hosts in professionalism and presentation. Seems to me the high standards once held by the Q have gone seriously downhill. Screeching, yelling, "sharing" way too much personal info, talking over vendors and being under-prepared for presentations have turned me off (and I'm guessing others too). And, needless to say - stale, outdated, high priced, nothing special, product lines are not going to attract new viewers and don't keep long time viewers interested.

My very best wishes to Jill. I've always enjoyed her and her calm demeanor. She's intelligent, knows her products and has never "showboated" or tried to outshine others. LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  - You said it all. My DD is in her late 20's, and she DOES buy some things from QVC. She is tiny, and LOGO looks great on her (always in black). She and her friends have huddled over their iphones to buy Barefoot Dreams. Some of them have bought shoes, and once in a while they will buy beauty products. However what they DON'T do is "watch" QVC. They will see something, watch the video on their phones, and order or not. 

I have been watching and ordering from QVC for about 12 years now. They definitely are changing. And I will be sad if they no longer want to appeal to my demographic, I'm sure they've done studies before making these changes. 

I loved the "Your Home with Jill" shows. I have a lot of things I ordered from those shows. I can't imagine anyone else who could present those as well.