Honored Contributor

Re: jennifer coffey new show planned

Another gimmick that will fall flat, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I recently heard about vision boards, but am unfamiliar with the concept. It sounds intriguing, so I will watch the launch to see if it is something I will benefit from. I enjoy scrapbooking, so this might be fun. Self improvement, self empowerment and self discovery always resonate with me. I'm hoping new products will be offered as well.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

She doesn't even look familiar.  I guess I thought Jennifer Coffey was someone else.  (Could it be photo shop?)

But, does anyone know what she means by:

'It's so much more than jewelry, as many of you already know the backstory.'

What does she mean by that?

Anyone know?

@Lucky Charm   I think I do.  Of the many things Jennifer had on her vision board (becoming a host at QVC was one of them) -- a diamond tennis bracelet was one of them.  She has told this story several times during her diamonique shows, and since I like diamonique I have heard it many times.  Recently she has been wearing a diamonique (??) tennis bracelet when she's hosting.

Therefore, my guess is a new sterling silver diamonique tennis bracelet designed by Jennifer.  So many of the hosts have designed jewelry now -- Shawn, Antonella, Courtney K., Courtney C. -- it makes sense Jennifer now introduces her own take on her vision board diamonique tennis bracelet. 

Honored Contributor

I am a fan of this host, she is consistently prepared and professional IMO.  Not sure what her new show will be about, and I never watch an entire QVC show so I'll just look later to see what she sold.  

O/T she is an attractive person and I wish she wouldn't start down that photoshop road.  

Respected Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@plunker8 wrote:

I hate to join in on the negativity, but ... when Jennifer first started, she was more genuine and seemed less plastic. I know people are more than what they look like but QVC is a visual experience and nothing she does comes across as sincere or real. If there's a Stepford wife among the hosts, it's her. 

I agree completely.  She was a good host at first -- prepared, low-key, knowledgeable about jewelry in particular.  As time went by, she seemed increasingly uncomfortable in her own skin.  And now she's raving about how she's "out of my mind with excitement." She should calm down long enough to proofread her copy (glaring typo at the top) and lose the narcissism.

@vsm wrote:

@plunker8 wrote:

I hate to join in on the negativity, but ... when Jennifer first started, she was more genuine and seemed less plastic. I know people are more than what they look like but QVC is a visual experience and nothing she does comes across as sincere or real. If there's a Stepford wife among the hosts, it's her. 

I agree completely.  She was a good host at first -- prepared, low-key, knowledgeable about jewelry in particular.  As time went by, she seemed increasingly uncomfortable in her own skin.  And now she's raving about how she's "out of my mind with excitement." She should calm down long enough to proofread her copy (glaring typo at the top) and lose the narcissism.

Oh wow I just read that, didn't see it before because I didn't care to read it! lol

Honored Contributor

So NOT interested!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't do crafts because they aren't visually appealing. Self help books and the like only help the author's bank account.

I like how Jennifer looks, to me she's attractive. I watch her muted so can't comment on cutesy, fast talk, or her lack of sincerity.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I recently heard about vision boards, but am unfamiliar with the concept. It sounds intriguing, so I will watch the launch to see if it is something I will benefit from. I enjoy scrapbooking, so this might be fun. Self improvement, self empowerment and self discovery always resonate with me. I'm hoping new products will be offered as well.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

i have been hearing more about them also @SandySparkles . i do know that some friends that are in their late 20s and early 30s are big on doing these. will have to ask my daughter more about them. she is in her late 20s. i will definitely be taking a peek at the show and its ideas and products.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I will be passing on this show.  I watch QVC to shop and not get inspired.  Not to sounds like a Debbie Downer but we'll see how long this show lasts.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

What is going on with QVC lately?  I'm not looking to QVC to be a place of inspiration or empowerment.  It's a place to shop.  Now they are doing vision boards?  I'm not at all a fan of self-help direction they seem to be heading in.

Sell some decent products, sell them at a decent price and ship the darn things out in a timely manner.

I don't need all the empowering speeches and rah, rah moments.   

--------------

Exactly!!  QVC is a shopping channel and nothing more or less.  I don't get all the lovey/dovey, I want to be your best friend shows lately.  I don't watch them ever....

Just present the product, describe it precisely, show inside and all sides and tell me the price...that is it!!