Occasional Contributor

Re: jennifer coffey new show planned

I hate to join in on the negativity, but ... when Jennifer first started, she was more genuine and seemed less plastic. I know people are more than what they look like but QVC is a visual experience and nothing she does comes across as sincere or real. If there's a Stepford wife among the hosts, it's her. 

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I'm 65 years old.  My "visions" are making sure I don't slip in the tub, remembering to take my vitamins, hoping the roads aren't icy so I can drive to church on Sunday, and getting to the gym a few days a week.

This sounds like something lifted from a Hallmark movie (I think Candace Cameron Burre DID have a vision board in one movie lol!).

Another example of trying to draw in a younger base, instead of catering to the one that butters their bread.

Perfectly stated. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She doesn't even look familiar.  I guess I thought Jennifer Coffey was someone else.  (Could it be photo shop?)

But, does anyone know what she means by:

'It's so much more than jewelry, as many of you already know the backstory.'

What does she mean by that?

Anyone know?

Esteemed Contributor

Another speed talker trying to separate me from my $.  My vision board tells me No!

She's one I can't watch. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Beautiful host.  

As I've said before, DH always asks what's her name, and likes her (in a respectable way).

Don't know why he doesn't recall her name; her last name, anyway, is easy to remember (Coffee/Coffey).  

Wishing her and her new show well.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

I am not a fan of this sales person Smiley Very Happyso I will never know THE NEW ME.  sigh

Respected Contributor

@plunker8 wrote:

I hate to join in on the negativity, but ... when Jennifer first started, she was more genuine and seemed less plastic. I know people are more than what they look like but QVC is a visual experience and nothing she does comes across as sincere or real. If there's a Stepford wife among the hosts, it's her. 

I agree completely.  She was a good host at first -- prepared, low-key, knowledgeable about jewelry in particular.  As time went by, she seemed increasingly uncomfortable in her own skin.  And now she's raving about how she's "out of my mind with excitement." She should calm down long enough to proofread her copy (glaring typo at the top) and lose the narcissism.

Esteemed Contributor

@alicedee 

Your post made me laugh until I had tears.

Thanks for the visual....or should I say, "vision board." Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 

I've had many years of therapy of all kinds, and not ONCE did any of my doctors or therapists mention a "vision board."

Maybe I wasted all my money, but at my age, that vision board would be pretty small Cat LOL

I agree with those who say I don't look to a shopping channel for this type of thing.  

One more reason I no longer watch.

Esteemed Contributor

I am too busy living my life than to stay home cutting out pictures from a magazine to stick on a board of "visions" I dream of fulfilling.  Live your life, don't cut and paste it.

I put scrapbooking in the same category.  

I don't draw inspiration, aspiration, or elevation from anything the hosts say.  Woman Wink

Stick to selling product without the sidebars, hashtags, or tie ins with family.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!