Honored Contributor

It looks like Ridge from The Bold & the Beautiful, LOL.

Respected Contributor

bb jeans boots 1971 st. tropez france with christian kalt final

The photo is dated 1971. 

My husband and I graduated from college and were married in 1971.  I know I never wore my hip hugger, (and they were much lower than the ones pictured) bell bottoms tucked into boots. 

Esteemed Contributor

Her hairdo is making a comeback!

I like it better than flat ironed anything.

Respected Contributor

I wore hip huggers in the 70s. We would actually cut them even lower so they sat below your hip bones. A tailor would redo the zipper. We wore a body suit with them and they were very wide bell bottoms. They had to drag the pavement so they could get torn up! The problem back then was no spandex in the denim and mine would get stretched out. 

I still wear them at the hip, but I also like the high waisted jeans...more specifically Laurie Felt.  That photo of Bridgette could be a girl from today.  They are both very beautiful.

Valued Contributor
Yep, hip huggers with little crop tops showing off my tiny waist, hard abs and little belly button! Man, the good old days - lol!

(And thinking back, I don't understand how my father ever let me out of the house - especially in those little mini skirts and dresses!)
Respected Contributor

Lulubelle you got that right! I’m 5’11 so All legs and long waist. We wore Sizzler dresses...they hit you (well me) 12 inches above the knee and had matching undershorts. My dad used to say to my mom...”you gonna let her go,out like that...”. She would tell him let her flaunt it while she can 🤭. And let me tell you, I sure did for as long as I possibly could, well into my 30s!

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Don't know what year this is, but it's Bardot and some friend.

I'll have what she's having.

Respected Contributor

Re: jeans in the olden days

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

Arg.....!  You need skinny jeans tucked in boots!  Other wise it looks....Oy Vey ish.

My guess is 1973..  Loved my hiphuggers...

We didn't have skinny jeans back then.  I wish we didn't have them now!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Her hairdo is making a comeback!

I like it better than flat ironed anything.

I'm with you regarding the flat ironed look, I find it to be unflattering.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

cute pic..I loved the seventies...still do,dress  pretty much the same. I never cared for skinny jeans or jeggings, I don't get it, also not a fan of flat ironed hair