Esteemed Contributor

Imagine an era where you are not obsessing over YT tutorials, endless board posts and not enduring one clueless SA at Sephora yet she's captured a beauty "look" all on her own.

Ladies, we have truly lost our collective minds. 

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer jeans from the olden days. They were a much smaller size. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Is the man in the purple jacket, Keur Duella?

Honored Contributor

Well I hope the jeans from the 80's never come back...

Are the 80's considered "olden days"?

Honored Contributor

Re: jeans in the olden days

[ Edited ]

All I know about Bardot she does a lot to help animals......I was never fond of hip huggers and bell bottoms

That's a very nice looking friend....Smiley Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@bmorechick  I wore those sizzler dresses too!  they barely covered my bottom LOL I was a size 0 back then

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Well I hope the jeans from the 80's never come back...

Are the 80's considered "olden days"?

I would think the 70's were.  A lot of posters here are from the baby boom crowd.  So they wore the jeans.  80's and 90's have been redone and all over the place right now..

The thing about jeans is that there are only so many ways of doing them.  It's limited.  So you go back to other eras and bring them back to younger generations.    The only thing that is changed is what you call them.  I don't know the term hip huggers or bell bottoms.  But I know flairs,  Modern skinny jeans came in the early 2000's from London.  But  original skinnys had been around (almost always for guys) from the 1960's.  1980's were high waisted.  They are certainly high waisted now.  1970's were low waisted.  Not now but probably in the next decade they might creep down again.  

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Is the man in the purple jacket, Keur Duella?

NO! And whoever he is looks very French.

Respected Contributor

Jackie rocked them..... usually white jeans but (rarely) blue too.

Image result for jackie kennedy in jeans