Honored Contributor

jayne brown live......food network kitchen

2/10/2021

Tomorrow, get ready to make a tangy, fresh take on pasta salad with
Jayne Brown QVC

! 👏👏She'll be LIVE on the #FoodNetworkKitchen app at 4 PM EST whipping up a Pasta Salad with Arugula and Sun-Dried Tomatoes that you won't want to miss! Set your reminders now: https://food-network.app.link/xk9eQG3agab.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/146848250_456757509020308_6532959652315098502_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=lGImNXjycf0AX9GMWtP&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=190af5ea67bccb505555f5c4575bfeb1&oe=604B7E79
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: jayne brown live......food network kitchen

That sounds delish!

I don't do apps...

If anyone gets the recipe (or ingredients)  Please post for us to share!

TIA

Honored Contributor

Seems multiple hosts will be doing this on the Food Network App.

Mary DeAngelis did hers on the Food Network App last week.  She made a charcuterie board with all kinds of meats, cheeses, sweets, etc.   

Honored Contributor

I do like Jayne -  Food Kitchen sounds like a good spot for her to add on to her professional life.

I do not like arugula, but that could be easily replaced if I like the rest of the recipe.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife   I was able to get to this online by clicking on the foodnetwork kitchen link in the op. Scroll down until you get to jayne's picture. I clicked on that and some how got to the recipe and clicked on save class. I can't remember all of the steps but I managed to get to the recipe and print it. Good luck!  Not sure if i could repeat what i did again. Was trying to get to Mary DeAngelis's recipe but can't do this. 

Honored Contributor

i didnt see the recipe @50Mickey , but was able to see the ingredients list.

Overview
In this class, QVC’s Jayne Brown will show us her tangy, fresh take on pasta salad. She tosses penne and peppery arugula in a zippy red wine vinaigrette. The salad is great as a side or serve it with your choice of protein to turn it into a main course.
Do Ahead
  • Rinse and pat dry 1/4 cup of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes.
  • Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large Dutch oven or large pot.
Ingredients

• 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed, patted dry and minced
  • 2 tablespoons minced red onion 
  • 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar 
  • Fine salt and freshly ground black pepper 
  • 12 ounces penne pasta  
  • 2 cups lightly packed arugula  
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves 
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard 
  • 1 small clove garlic, minced 
  • 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 
  • 1 ounce grated provolone cheese (about 1/3 cup grated on the small holes of a box grater)  
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45    Here are the instructions:

Toss sun dried tomatoes and onions with 1 tablespoon of the vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt together in a large bowl and set aside.

Bring 4 qts. of water to boil in a large Dutch oven or large pot. Stir in 1 teaspoon of salt and the pasta and cook until the pasta is al dente.

Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain the pasta well and transfer to large bowl. Add the arugula and parsley and toos to combine.

Have no idea how I got this just dumb luck I guess. Can't get any of the other recipes. 

Wisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the oil, mustard, garlic and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl. Add the pasta and tos until combined.  Stir in the provolone and season with salt and black pepper. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you SO much everybody!

I would love to try this!

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey  After you open the Food Network App, at the bottom of the page is the Search icon.  Enter Mary DeAngelis.  She will appear under Classes.  One is the Charcuterie Board, and another class is her Chicken Divan.

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

you can watch this video even if you dont have the app.

just go to the link and click on jaynes face. i watched it via my laptop.

you can also see the questions asked and responses by the food network regarding the recipe.