Esteemed Contributor

WOW! I get a few by choice. The others I contact the companies and request they remove me from their mailing lists. We must think of the damage done to our forests and the environment, the price increase on products due to catelogs, the waste and expense to each community landfill incurred by excess mailings. Most of us are able to go on-line for the same information without any costs incurred to our planet. I do enjoy a paper (non-glossy) catelog for gardening which arrive in January!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Re: its catalog season!

[ Edited ]

I don't mind receiving certain ones either. I bring them with me to chemo. Sitting there for 4 hours can get boring and sometimes I can get some shopping done for me or for gifts. Nice way to pass some time and the photos are better in a catalog.

Honored Contributor

I've been getting a lot of catalogs lately, but I doubt I get 51 in a week!  Most of mine go straight to the recycling bin.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I get a lot ,but not that many.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I used to get a lot more than I do now.  I'd put them in a paper bag from the grocery store and then look through them for Christmas gift ideas, which quickly became too much work.

Now I look through websites instead, lol.

Honored Contributor

@luvdoodles wrote:

I don't mind receiving certain ones either. I bring them with me to chemo. Sitting there for 4 hours can get boring and sometimes I can get some shopping done for me or for gifts. Nice way to pass some time and the photos are better in a catalog.

@luvdoodles

I'm so sorry to read you are going through chemo @luvdoodles

Best wishes to you, get well soon!

Esteemed Contributor

Monday is catalog day here.  Used to be Tuesday, but the USPS is getting better all the time.

I've been getting them since before Thanksgiving I think...some I've never ordered from, some I've never heard of.

I've pulled out ones I've ordered from before that I may order from this year...four, I think.  The rest are recycled.  I've never counted them.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Thank you Noel7. I am doing well, still a ways to go. Also the other patients enjoy the catalogs too. Good way to start conversations.

Respected Contributor

Re: its catalog season!

[ Edited ]

Years later I’m still getting the same catalogs that say “this will be your last catalog if you don’t order “ 😏 

(and I’ve never ordered )

Trusted Contributor

I am getting catalogs that I had previously opted out of plus some new ones I never heard of.  I'm also getting email from companies I had unsubscribed to over a year ago.