Honored Contributor

our mailman just rang the doorbell. i thought it might be a package or packages. no.......she had to bring up our mail in a basket because there was so much and she could not fit it into our mailbox at the end of the driveway.

i counted all of the catalogs received today and i think we hit a new high number. 51 total catalogs today alone!!! that is NOT including magazines (we received 4 of those.)

anyone else being deluged with catalogs lately? 'tis the season....Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

51 in one day?

I get a lot, but not that many.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

our mailman just rang the doorbell. i thought it might be a package or packages. no.......she had to bring up our mail in a basket because there was so much and she could not fit it into our mailbox at the end of the driveway.

i counted all of the catalogs received today and i think we hit a new high number. 51 total catalogs today alone!!! that is NOT including magazines (we received 4 of those.)

anyone else being deluged with catalogs lately? 'tis the season....Smiley Wink

I got 6 yesterday that hit the garbage a minute later. Woman LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

51, wow, that is a lot!  I think the most I've received in one day is 7 or 8, and most of them get 'round filed'.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've noticed an increase.  The most has been eight in a day.  I look at the cover, then put them in the recycling bin.  I am trying to be good, so I don't want to find something I have to have.

Honored Contributor

i think my previous high was around 30 or so, probably around the same time of the year. LOL i should have taken a picture of them all in the usps basket. i like getting catalogs and usually go through most of them. a nice way to enjoy my morning coffee. Smiley Wink

when i stopped going to the mall frequently i became a big catalog shopper (this was before qvc or hsn became a bigger entity.)

it is going to be difficult to beat that 51 number. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I recently moved to different state.  I contacted every company and requested no more catalogs at my old address.  That went well.  But now am starting to receive 3-4 per day at the new address.  Most likely will never order, so they should stop after a while.  The only catalogs I actually request are a few seed catalogs.

Honored Contributor

Gosh I don't think I have any yet.  I am careful about where I order from.

Honored Contributor

I don't get nearly as many as the OP, but I really don't mind them. I think the pictures in the catalogs are better than the websites. We have weekly curbside recycling so they don't  really get in the way.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

You take the prize!

I’ll have to tell my husband about you.  He thinks we get a lot when 4-5 catalogs arrive in one day!