Respected Contributor

it's raining - in Los Angeles!

after days of triple digit heat we woke up to real rain here in San Fernando Valley.  very unusual in September.   hopefully it is also raining in the area of the LaTuna fire on other side of the valley to help our exhausted firefighters.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: it's raining - in Los Angeles!

@ms traditional, that is wonderful news!  I don't have relatives in your area but I have a brother who lives in the interior of British Columbia and the fires are very scary.  No rain there for almost three months.  

I hope ole you get a good long soak.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom  thanks for the good wishes.  yes fires are horrible and to get some "wet" during fire season is a true blessing.  but.....it lasted about an hour.  all gone -  but we are grateful.

Honored Contributor

Really!!???  Gosh I live in the Seattle WA. area and have forgot what rain feels like it has been so long..... going to be 90 degrees plus the next few days..... I might melt away... My home is 85 degrees right now upstairs IN THE MORNING... no air conditioning..... pant pant pant....

Trusted Contributor

I live in Porter Ranch and woke up to damp outside. At least it's good for the fires. A friend of mine has a friend who lost her home in the fire. 

Respected Contributor

unfortunately the rain did not take away the humidity -  darn!

Respected Contributor

@evelyner wrote:

I live in Porter Ranch and woke up to damp outside. At least it's good for the fires. A friend of mine has a friend who lost her home in the fire. 

oh that is terrible.  they are doing such a good job of keeping fire away from homes.  sororoy to hear that.

Trusted Contributor

That's good to hear.  My 98 yr old mom lives in Woodland Hills and my sister in Reseda.

Honored Contributor

My son lives about 8-10 minutes west of the Burbank airport.

He said there was no way the fires would get that far.

Anyone is LA hear about the Bob Hope airport? 

My son is flying home out of that airport this Thursday.

Esteemed Contributor

It woke me up early. I was so happy, then went back to sleep as the sound was so soothing. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.