Trusted Contributor

it's good to leave a job with a smile on your face

how many can do that?  Here's someone who has.

Antonella.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: it's good to leave a job with a smile on your face

Wishing her all the best of love and luck in her future  <3

Esteemed Contributor

I think that Antonella has a wonderful and supportive family, plus she probably has read many of the posts here and on FB.  She may be glad to get out of a toxic environment, if it is such, and maybe just appreciates the time that she had here.  She can now start her next chapter and do some things that she has not had the time to do.  I wish her well, and her personality will carry her to some great things.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I wish her well too. She was such a pleasure to watch. I would not be as gracious as she has been, at least not on the inside!
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Good for her. I know I left my last job after getting laid off with a smile on my face. We were told as a group our jobs were being relocated and I was the only one smiling. I was smiling as I gave the parking attendant my badge for the garage. I'm still smiling 6 years later.

Valued Contributor

@newname0 you make a very good point! Antonella's facebook page is cute, even though she has one recent pic of herself on it Smiley Happy I am definitely going to miss her, but I hope she stays in touch with us. 

Honored Contributor

Isn't that her "Meet the Host" photo?  

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette Yes. I DOUBT she was smiling when she got the ax.

Honored Contributor

@newname0 Get real. This is her host page photo and I doubt she was smiling when she got shown the door.

Respected Contributor

In my 40+ career I was let go because of downsizing/ budget cuts two different times.  It hurts.....no denying.  But when I was called in to be told the bad news, both times I shook the person's hand and thanked them for the opportunities they had given me.  One man actually had tears in HIS eyes when we talked.

I was able to leave with my head held high, was given excellent references, and found other ... and better...jobs.  It all worked out.  I never wanted to leave a job in a negative way, so I made the effort to be professional and strong (cried when I got home!).