Valued Contributor

it's --10 and mr sylvia is playing poker with his friends, so i'm

eating oatmeal for dinner---feels good on such a freezing night--
Super Contributor

Re: it's --10 and mr sylvia is playing poker with his friends, so i'm

Keep warm Sylvia! Spring is coming. It is, right?

Valued Contributor

I really hope so---we don't have acres of snow, but maybe 6-7" over a few days but it is so freezing, I didn't go to pool therapy today--brrrrrr---I hop it's coming for you too, sox--in the vortex, right? not here just mountains
Honored Contributor

I've been in and out of the Vortex or maybe it was Vortex the 1st, then a couple of nice warm days, now back into Vortex the 2nd.

About oatmeal for dinner, I don't know if that's exotic or sad.

Valued Contributor

On 2/5/2014 occasional rain said:

I've been in and out of the Vortex or maybe it was Vortex the 1st, then a couple of nice warm days, now back into Vortex the 2nd.

About oatmeal for dinner, I don't know if that's exotic or sad.

funnySmiley Happy)I never thought of oatmeal as exotic but it COULD be-----also comforting, easy and filling----and Sylvia said (whispering) I eat it out of the pot when I'm alone---one pot, one spoon to clean and done. :--)))))))))))
Honored Contributor

A big wave to my friend, sylviahomeatlast! I like your posts about contentment with simple pleasures. Warm oatmeal in a cozy setting is a great way to forget the cold outside, and for many it evokes memories of being lovingly wrapped in a soft blanket and fed comforting food in our childhood.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

it's --10 and mr sylvia is playing poker with his friends, so i'm eating oatmeal for dinner---feels...

Am I "tweeting" here or maybe mistakenly on Facebook?

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

dooBdoo--you're a bright spot. Smiley Happy). I'm all about serenity and peacefulness---simple is always a wonderful place to linger--
Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: dooBdoo--you're a bright spot. Smiley Happy). I'm all about serenity and peacefulness---simple is always a wonderful place to linger--

Thanks! Right back atcha! You're a sweetheart.Smile I responded to you on the other thread a few days ago, about the poetry conference. Will you be attending?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

I am giving it some more serious thought---it's an educational experience---I would be so happy to send you information when I receive it---it would be fun if you could come too--