Respected Contributor

Re: is it my imagination or have

@Ketra wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I don't have an issue with the complaints about the new formatting, television graphics, fonts, etc.  It's perfectly reasonable to object to the changes, particularly if they aren't working for you personally.  I do get a laugh out of the posts demanding that QVC change things.

However, we should all realize that QVC invested time and money (having hired a firm called Moxie to design the new logo) and is moving forward on their business vision of the future  Clearly, television broadcastng and long time, older customers are not their number one priority.  I totally understand and accept that.

The expense that really puzzles me are the hosts and the large scale hiring.  Hosts are a antediluvian aspect of this form of shopping that should have gone extinct, particularly if the newer shoppers are online or an app.  No host needed.  Sure, maybe they need a few.....but I see wholesale retirements (voluntary or not).  It's an unjustifiable expense (to me).

@Johnnyeager  You’re just mad because QVC lost their only host that had the killer combination of glamour, class, sense of humor, charisma, and could really move the merchandise. Now the hosts while friendly enough, just don’t have the star selling power that she did. Hosts, products, and graphics are just like HSN, nothing special. Every once in a while they introduce a great, quality product. I’m thankful for that. That’s what the big CEO wanted and that’s the way it is. It’s not nearly as much fun as it used to be. Oh well, we enjoyed it while it lasted

JohnnyEager---yes, not the same since Lisa Robertson and Patti Reilly left!

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I don't have an issue with the complaints about the new formatting, television graphics, fonts, etc.  It's perfectly reasonable to object to the changes, particularly if they aren't working for you personally.  I do get a laugh out of the posts demanding that QVC change things.

However, we should all realize that QVC invested time and money (having hired a firm called Moxie to design the new logo) and is moving forward on their business vision of the future  Clearly, television broadcastng and long time, older customers are not their number one priority.  I totally understand and accept that.

The expense that really puzzles me are the hosts and the large scale hiring.  Hosts are a antediluvian aspect of this form of shopping that should have gone extinct, particularly if the newer shoppers are online or an app.  No host needed.  Sure, maybe they need a few.....but I see wholesale retirements (voluntary or not).  It's an unjustifiable expense (to me).

@Johnnyeager  You’re just mad because QVC lost their only host that had the killer combination of glamour, class, sense of humor, charisma, and could really move the merchandise. Now the hosts while friendly enough, just don’t have the star selling power that she did. Hosts, products, and graphics are just like HSN, nothing special. Every once in a while they introduce a great, quality product. I’m thankful for that. That’s what the big CEO wanted and that’s the way it is. It’s not nearly as much fun as it used to be. Oh well, we enjoyed it while it lasted

I agree.  It's been all downhill for QVC since Kathy Levine left.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The mug conversations in particular gave me great insight into the various ways posters think......very interesting threads all around about the mug and the new logo.

@Johnnyeager

I just wonder how much QVC $pent on designing that new logo... Smiley Wink

A charity I donate to was criticzed for sending out Christmas cards to thank donors and to let them know what the charity had accomplished for the year.....Well some people complained about how money was wasted on the cards, and instead should've been applied to "the cause", so the next year cards weren't sent out and people complained that the organization was unappreciative and didnt even thank the donors....So no matter what the Organizaton/Company théy can't win for losing.....Or......as John Lydgate said:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
New Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

It's the complaining about receiving a free mug that I found bizarre.

Very bizarre.

Respected Contributor

Not that it matters, and I don't really need another mug, but I did feel a bit slighted at not receiving one. I've been a customer since the beginning of Q and have bought tons of mdse from them.

Trusted Contributor

@kittyloo  I agree that complaints have become revved up.  However, I do think that there are a few very legitmate issues that the Q should pay attention to.    Number one for me is the unprofessionalism of the hosts.   It's not a talk show and we don't need to be entertained.  We want to hear about the item being presented... colors, material etc.   I do not care about your family.    Secondly, shipping.   Move it along.   I guess I have a third that being the exchange policy.   Good concept but takes forever.     Complaints about hosts hair, weight etc.   very wrong...  I thought of a fourth but I'll stop now.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The mug conversations in particular gave me great insight into the various ways posters think......very interesting threads all around about the mug and the new logo.

@Johnnyeager

I just wonder how much QVC $pent on designing that new logo... Smiley Wink

A charity I donate to was criticzed for sending out Christmas cards to thank donors and to let them know what the charity had accomplished for the year.....Well some people complained about how money was wasted on the cards, and instead should've been applied to "the cause", so the next year cards weren't sent out and people complained that the organization was unappreciative and didnt even thank the donors....So no matter what the Organizaton/Company théy can't win for losing.....Or......as John Lydgate said:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

@Spurt I still shake my head over what the extravagant set(s) must have cost. Yes, some updating was needed. But what they ended up with is over the top for sales IMO. 

Maybe the  idea is “buy this and your surroundings will look like this too.”

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Complaints have flourished on these boards since the day they started. The amount has always waxed and waned but have always been a major part of them. There will unfortunately always those who get their validation by complaining and whining and by commiserating with their b*’@h buddies. The term ‘get a life’ has become cliche but is nonetheless accurate and true.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

the amount of posters complaining about the Q really revved up lately?

seems like every day i check in, and there is complaint after complaint about the Q?  and some of the complaints are things that the Q has no control over.  we have choices people.  

What are the complaints that QVC has no control over?

@kittyloo

@kittyloo  Well, I still have not heard what the complaints that QVC has no control over are...   Must not have been any is my guess...

Respected Contributor

@KatieB  well since you asked, how about when your package is sitting at the post office for more days than you want. is that the Q's fault? or the ups man mangles your package, or it gets delivered to the wrong house. who's fault is that?