Honored Contributor

interesting news, RE: modley/crozier

the acting secretary of the navy, MODLEY RESIGNS.

he had fired captain crozier AND made disparaging remarks towards him.

Modly resigned amid public outrage over his handling of the COVID-19 crisis aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt and growing demands from congressional Democrats for his removal.

Esper said Modly submitted his resignation "on his own accord, putting the Navy and the Sailors above self so that the U.S.S. Roosevelt, and the Navy as an institution, can move forward."

On Thursday, Modly sacked Crozier, a decision he called his own. He then paid a surprise visit to the Roosevelt on Monday morning local time, where he addressed the crew over the ship's loudspeakers, sprinkling his remarks with obscenities and accusing Crozier of betrayal.

Modly also accused Crozier in his speech of being "either too naive or too stupid" to skipper the aircraft carrier if he believed his memo would not be leaked to the news media.

On Monday evening, after a storm of criticism for those comments, Modly issued a statement saying he wanted to apologize to Crozier, his family and the Roosevelt's crew "for any pain my remarks may have caused."

via NPR news.....

Modly Resigns As Acting Navy Chief After Firing Warship Skipper And Calling Him Stupid

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: interesting news, RE: modley/crozier

This will probably get shut down yet again. But Modly is an embarrassment to the Navy and the country. Buh bye.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

He needed to go.  Talk about using poor judgement.....

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's kind of ironic.  That's all I'm going to say😏

Honored Contributor

Also it was reported that when Modly addressed the crew some of them shouted back at him. They clearly loved their captain.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I read today that there may be cases on other Navy ships.

Honored Contributor

What I heard reported, also, was that he didn't even apologize of his own accord.  He was directed to apologize.

Honored Contributor

this really brought a smile to my face today!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Also it was reported that when Modly addressed the crew some of them shouted back at him. They clearly loved their captain.

@Greeneyedlady21  I understand while he was addressing the crew he swore like a sailor. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45  Me, too! It's so nice when the "right" thing actually happens.