Respected Contributor

interesting convo with Q as to the whereabouts of my package

i posted earlier about my MIA package of Tarte.  and supposed return of (?)

i trek down to the post office with both tracking #'s in hand, to see if in fact my package is just sitting at the po

i was informed that neither traccing number was the po's. 

so back on the phone with CS.  

seems that it goes out with UPS, and is then transferred to post office. BUT when they are transferred to the post office, ups doesn't give Q the new traccing information. 

what???  

bottom line, neither Q or the post office can tell me where my package is. or if it is coming or anything. 

CS was nice enough, and offered to give me a full refund or resend.  i opted for the refund.  

seems like a sign that i don't need another makeup kit. 

sigh. 

Honored Contributor

Re: interesting convo with Q as to the whereabouts of my package

[ Edited ]

I didn't read your previous post about your problem however, what you were told about the tracking number is true.

Whenever a package is shipped via UPS, it is given a tracking number.  You should be able to go to UPS.com, put that tracking number in and it should tell you where in the system your package is.  If the package was handed over to the post office for delivery, the tracking information will tell you that but the package is not given another tracking number with USPS.  

It would seem to me if the UPS tracking number says the package was handed off to USPS for delivery, USPS should be responsible.  Otherwise, it should be somewhere in the UPS system and they should be responsible. 

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo   Don't be surprised if the package eventually shows up.  UPS drops it off at a PO "hub" near your city.  No tracking after that, and it often sits there for several days to a week before the PO picks it up and takes it to your local PO office, where it could possibly wait a couple more days before it's delivered to your door.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo, are the tracking numbers you have UPS numbers?  I have a UPS MyChoice account and when a package is transferred to the PO on the tracking page the PO tracking number is listed to the side.

I don't know if that information is provided when just tracking a shipment but you should check the UPS tracking to see if the information is provided.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

@kittyloo, are the tracking numbers you have UPS numbers?  I have a UPS MyChoice account and when a package is transferred to the PO on the tracking page the PO tracking number is listed to the side.

I don't know if that information is provided when just tracking a shipment but you should check the UPS tracking to see if the information is provided.

Yes it is provided. @kittyloo, if you haven't already done this, take the UPS tracking number and go to the UPS official site. Put the number in the "Track" box and hit the Track button. On the next page, over on the right hand side, down just a tiny bit, there will be a post office tracking number...usually starts with a 9 and is very long. If UPS turned it over to the post office, there WILL be a number.   

Respected Contributor

@Marp   thank you. i will do exactly that. 

Respected Contributor

@Marp   i went to that ups site. not only do i have to install the package tracker (ok) then the pop up says that it can put pop ups everytime i open a window, follow my browsing history and change data.   no.

Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo,  what kind of device are you using?  Are they asking you to download an app?

I use my browser and have never had to download anything.

If I understood Pupwhipped's post correctly the USPS tracking number appears when you track a UPS package that has been transferred without needing MyChoice.  Try using your browser and going to ups.com then enter the tracking number(s) you have.

Respected Contributor

@Marp   i finally found the correct site. the actual offical ups site. only states it's in transit.  i put in my email for them to notify if and when it might be delivered.  

Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo,  when was the package shipped?  Was there any tracking information at all?

If you were notified more than a week ago that the package was shipped and there is no tracking progress I would suspect the package either never made it to UPS or was lost in transit.  At the very least tracking should show that UPS received the package and when it left their facility.