Trusted Contributor

Re: interesting Millennial / Gen Z / Gen Alpha info.

And this is exactly as it should be.

BTW, boomers don't all hate not being the majority, as one of the commenters said. This one doesn't, anyway.

I did some great stuff, and made some mistakes. Your turn.

Respected Contributor

I'm part of the Boomer generation, and my child is a young successful Millennial. We both have ideals, hopes, and dreams, and have a great deal in common. I have tremendous respect and confidence in my child and my child's Millennial friends. They valued their education, have goals, and are focused to do their best. I'd trust them as my doctor, my attorney, a research scientist, etc. I'm proud of them. I find negative comments and false generalities about various generations disturbing; I'd rather see respectful and positive support for each other.

Honored Contributor

I'm a boomer, and I'm fine with it. We boomers have always been a bit full of ourselves, it's time for a change.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Well, you all enjoy hating on and sneering at Boomers!  And remember it fondly when YOUR day to be old rolls around and your friends are dead or dying and you may be ill and having trouble making ends meet. 

Then you can laugh about poking fun at the Boomers!  Oh but wait, it will be you that's the butt end of the jokes and slurs!  

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

Did I read this right, that they had to combine age divisions/generations to exceed the Boomer count?

No matter, because who haz the munnies?

Munnies.jpg

Respected Contributor

@noodleann not quite...the quoted metric says that the combined generations from Millennials forward exceed the combined generations from GenX back (including Boomers).  But according to Statista, Boomers alone are currently the 2nd largest generation by population, behind Millennials.

Valued Contributor

The numbers do not matter if they are not active.  Less social media and more active participation in society is what is needed.  Baby Boomers still run much of the country because they actively vote.  I'm on the younger end of Generation X.  So I don't feel too far removed from Millennials in some ways and miles apart in others.  I don't care about the numbers because everything changes.  Depending on the date range you go by the oldest Millennials are now 40.

Honored Contributor

Truly unbelievable comments on this thread.  SMH

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IdahoGram , etc. - 

from Wikipedia, the preceding generations:

Silent Generation:  people born from 1928 to 1945

They are noted as forming the leadership of the civil rights movement, as well as comprising the "silent majority".

Greatest Generation:  people born from 1901 to 1927

They were shaped by the Great Depression and were the primary participants in World War II.

Lost Generation:  people born from 1883-1900

"Lost" in this context refers to the "disoriented, wandering, directionless" spirit of many of the war's survivors in the early postwar period.