Respected Contributor

Re: inappropriate social media comments

Has anyone considered that this might NOT have happened at all?  

Honored Contributor

Mellie32 wrote:

Has anyone considered that this might NOT have happened at all?  

consumerist is a pretty reliable site. i doubt they would have printed that quote from doug rose if they had not contacted qvc about the incident in question. if it was untrue i believe qvc would have shut down that article pretty quickly. time will tell......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

This is a more common problem than you might think. CNN was doing a story on the political campaigns and showed a tweet from Trump as part of the story.  What they missed (one presumes) was the post below that tweet that asked Trump if his p**** was as orange as his face.  I don't think CNN ever commented on this but it was caught and aired on one of the late night shows.

Honored Contributor

thisbe wrote:

This is a more common problem than you might think. CNN was doing a story on the political campaigns and showed a tweet from Trump as part of the story.  What they missed (one presumes) was the post below that tweet that asked Trump if his p**** was as orange as his face.  I don't think CNN ever commented on this but it was caught and aired on one of the late night shows.

did not hear about this incident, but it can happen so easily, especially with twitter or facebook or instagram.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

Unfortunately, we live in a world today where rudeness and disrespect for others is quickly becoming the norm.  I go on some forums that I absolutely cannot believe how stupid people really are.

Irony, anyone?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

Unfortunately, we live in a world today where rudeness and disrespect for others is quickly becoming the norm.  I go on some forums that I absolutely cannot believe how stupid people really are.

@MomCat Social media can be both a blessing and a curse! Yep, disrespect ---rude, crude, and lewd, thinking of it all as nothing but a joke.....And quite amusing when the celebrities scramble to disavow what they wrote and do damage control when these things implode!!!!  ....The ones I shake my head at are the inappropriate photo lawsuits where someone is upset about one of these photos showing up on public social media---so they bring their EX to court and appear on these court shows-----how stupid can one person be to take a risque photo supposedly sent privately to "the love of their life" not even knowing if this short term relationship will last or even thinking what might become of the photo in the event they break up......Oh what a tangle web we weave....

I wouldn't be surprised if someone at QVC lost their job over this incident...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

This just goes to show they need to stay on guard 24/7.  

At the risk of sounding speculative (realizing the moderators have deleted speculative posts in the past), I find it hard to believe anyone from QVC or the computer company would have done this intentionally.