Honored Contributor

inappropriate social media comments

“QVC is investigating an incident in which inappropriate social media comments generated from an outside source were momentarily and accidentally shown on our live programming,” Doug Rose, SVP, Brand and Communications, QVC, said in a statement to Consumerist. “We apologize to any viewers that were offended by this unauthorized content. The language shown was in direct contradiction to our values at QVC, and has no place in our broadcast nor anywhere else in our community. We are evaluating our screening procedures for live streaming social media content to prevent an incident like this from happening again.”

consumerist magazine article on qvc incident 6/21/16

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: inappropriate social media comments

Woman Surprised

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I would guess this is going to happen.  Some of the live calls have also been a bit inappropriate, at times!

Respected Contributor

Well that statement is as clear as mud.  What kind of inapporpriate social media comments?  Voice overs during shows, bots?  

I'm surprised none of the posters here witnessed/heard it.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

https://consumerist.com/2016/06/21/qvc-looking-into-why-it-showed-a-laptop-with-racist-content-on-tv...

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I wonder if that was during the presentation with Rick. The product vid up now is with David. He said Rick was on earlier that night.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

It sounds like they were showing close-ups of the screen with comments, as some hosts do, and there was 4-letter profanity or hate speech visible for a few seconds.  

If enough people called in to complain and that generated the official statement, I'm shocked that someone hasn't posted it to the forums in hysterical outrage.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four wrote:

https://consumerist.com/2016/06/21/qvc-looking-into-why-it-showed-a-laptop-with-racist-content-on-tv...

wow, just wow

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Oh, now that I see what this is really about...not good at all.  I just assumed someone used a four letter word.

Respected Contributor

@mom2four wrote:

You have to wonder what the sales person/company rep had downloaded or bookmarked on that demo computer and was stupid enough to shove it into the camera for a closeup.

(Thud)

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~