Honored Contributor

in rereading some of the posts on here, question is about survival.

[ Edited ]

What have you learned this year, to help you survive through it? A lot of what I'm reading is the phrase "let it go". This doesn't fit all things of course, I think a better word is (for me anyway) is acceptance. It's about survival.

What does it take for you to "survive"?

Honored Contributor

Re: in rereading some of the posts on here, question is about survival.

To put my feet on the floor and keep moving.  Take each day as it comes and hope for the best.  Some days are better than others, but each is a gift.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

I decided to get the toxic people out of my life...ones that treat everyone around them badly........even 2 relatives. I tried hard over the years to be extra nice and forgiving toward them and it never worked.

I don't want to stress out anyone anymore hoping hate doesn't spew out of their mouths when I have a party. At 61, I just can't deal with it anymore....

Esteemed Contributor

Faith that things are happening for a reason, a reason I might not understand now. I try to cling to the good things, having gratitude for those.  No matter how dark it may feel there is always light. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

When things go wrong ~ I think 'plot twist' ~ and move on!

Respected Contributor

perspective is a good thing.  and remembering that while you can't control others and events, you can control your attitude.  being positive is worth it -  !!

Honored Contributor

Survival --- hmmm --- try to take each day as it comes.  I have a bad day and I tend to get so wrapped up in it and so upset and I have to remind myself that this is going to pass.  If I didn't believe that tomorrow will be better, I truly couldn't survive!!! 

I, at times, will dwell on all the problems going on in my life, and I get so overwhelmed --- I have to make myself stop going to that place --- the "what ifs" -- and what will I do when this or that happens.  It's pointless.  So many things are out of our control.  I have to stop and take a deep breath, and then I utter a prayer of thanks for all that I have and I ask for strength and patience and wisdom to deal with the day at hand.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I think "acceptance" is a good word.  This year I am learning to be patient in afflictions.  Although I dislike pain and confinement, I am doing my best to see what I can learn from it.  In those moments I feel I cannot cope one more day.....I turn to the one who understands me most and somehow know that I am not alone.  This may not take away my pain but somehow it gives me hope and peace. 

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I think "acceptance" is a good word.  This year I am learning to be patient in afflictions.  Although I dislike pain and confinement, I am doing my best to see what I can learn from it.  In those moments I feel I cannot cope one more day.....I turn to the one who understands me most and somehow know that I am not alone.  This may not take away my pain but somehow it gives me hope and peace. 

Beautifully said. I feel peace comes with acceptance and that comes with age. 

Honored Contributor

I  feel acceptance ,is a good way to say what i am trying to do, trying to give up on what i wish ,and want things to be,people ,relationships, and just stop fighting it all.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.