Honored Contributor

if you take many supplements-storage and use

How do you take your supplements.............I found it so annoying to open up 9 or more bottles every morning-so I bought these really cool pill dispensers on ebay-what do you guys do?

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Trusted Contributor

Re: if you take many supplements-storage and use

I need one. I do not take a bazillion supplements, but enough that I cannot remember at the end of the day if I took what I need to.

It would be easier to just have a daily/weekly thingie so that each day I know I was a good doobie. Smiley Happy

Contributor

I take 8 supplements every day.  In the morning i open each bottle and put into a container from Sig A (that the capsules come in)  Never could find a dispenser for all of them.  Smiley Very Happy 

Honored Contributor

Does your pill dispenser have a brand name?

I use those standard plastic day of the week gizmos, with am/pm markings.  

Honored Contributor

I've had a wonderful plastic box with 16 dividers in it that has served me very well for years.    I recently noticed a beautiful crafts box at Walmart (for beads or sewing utensils) that I would purchase if mine ever falls apart.   

I can't even imagine opening 9 bottles every day .... nope, wouldn't do it.

Trusted Contributor

I take a lot of vitamins. I just checked and I have sixteen 4 oz Glad brand containers which for me is eight days worth, morning and evening. I have one day where I fill them all up and have a certain shelf they sit on in my cupboard. I'd never be able to pull out all my vitamin bottles every day. I wonder what someone like Andrew Lessman does--and how does he travel with all that he takes?
Honored Contributor

I use this

6-Section Pill Organizer Vitamin Dispenser

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

I bought 2 of the 28 day pill boxes from Amazon, i think they were 2/$9. One is for morning and one for evening. I put a couple of supplements in the morning and evening boxes along with my prescribed med.   I fill them every 28 days and am done. 

Honored Contributor

Several years ago, Andrew Lessman included plastic containers with your purchase of his supplements. I have 3 of them. They hold about 2 weeks worth of supplements in 4 different compartments. I fill each compartment up and it makes it easy. Just pop open the container.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take a bazillion supplements... I am addicted to them!  How I do it is that I have them(bottles) all over my kitchen counter top... ( could care less what anyone else thinks!) and before each meal, I have certain ones I take... I put them into plastic bottle lids that I save. White ones, yellow ones, brown ones, black ones.  I call them "layers" and each layer has a specific action. Usually I have three layers per meal and up to 50 capsules or tablets per meal.   I layer  the bottle caps as I choose to consume them with my meal.

Now before you get on my case about consuming hundreds of different supplements... I have been doing it for going on 30 years... no bad effects, only excellent blood work ups and yearly physicals. And at age 61,  I am on no medications. 

I am really into prevention... so for me taking supplements ALONG WITH A STELLAR HEALTHY DIET AND LIFESTYLE is just a way of life.  I choose to prevent disease, not wait for disease to happen.  My choice. MY WAY.