Super Contributor

Re: if you sale on Ebay - big change!

Shorty, your husband is lucky. I ran into a scammer buyer last year. Claimed smoke damage, which was blatantly FALSE . . . BUT wanted me to lower the price and they'd keep it and leave positive feedback. I said send it back, on principle of the matter. But no they didn't want to do that. So then escalated to a claim and they HAD to send back. They must have cut it open from the bottom of the box and then replaced inside and taped up then wrote "refused" all over the front of box. Ummm either you opened it and claimed smoke OR you didn't open and wrote refused, can't have it both ways. So in essence they "cheated" the USPS out of legitimate postage charges to return. And guess who eBay & PayPal sided with? The scammer, of course. Until then, over 10 years buying (mainly) and selling . .. I had a 100% positive feedback too.

Honored Contributor

While I think 45 days is plenty of time for a dispute, if they wanted to extend it, then 90 days is MORE than enough! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

I think 30 days is fair- 180 is nuts! It's going to make it VERY hard for the sellers of electronics & high ticket items. I'm not sure Ebay wants individual sellers in their future. All the changes being made are definitely for buyers.

Honored Contributor

Good grief - six months? That is ridiculous. I'm glad I don't sell on ebay anymore.

If a buyer rips you off, you can't even post negative feedback anymore (they made that rule years ago, but it was a catalyst for me to stay away).

Frequent Contributor

On 9/17/2014 SoftRaindrops said:
On 9/17/2014 shesallthat said:

i have never sold - or wanted to sell anything on ebay.

i don't need 6 months to decide if i like something i have bought! or even 45 days. i shop for designer handbags mostly and as soon as i recieve it i KNOW if it is staying or going back.

I think they extended it because there are times someone finds out a few weeks later that the jewelry they bought was not authentic. I heard of someone who found out her Rolex watch was a dupe. It was beyond the return policy. Now buyers have more protection.

45 days is more than a few weeks. If a buyer purchases something that needs to be checked for authenticity or for any reason, 45 days is plenty of time to do that. I think that extending it to 60 days would be more than reasonable. 180 days is ridiculous IMO.

Honored Contributor

i am not a seller, but a frequent buyer......45 days is more than enough time and 180 days is way too long.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Yikes that's SIX months!

They're crazy. Don't they realize without sellers, there won't be anything for their buyers to buy?!? {#emotions_dlg.scared}

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

good grief! 6 months!! Ebay doesn't want the small seller.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

I think I might jump ship to http://www.bonanza.com/

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Super Contributor

On 9/17/2014 biancardi said:

I think I might jump ship to http://www.bonanza.com/

does that site not use paypal??? or are sellers given more options to accept payments?