Honored Contributor

Re: i don't know whether to be upset or furious or both/Anniversary of 9/11 attacks

Don't know whether this will upset you or infuriate you, but there was quite extensive (minute by minute coverage of the terrorist attacks) on Fox News this morning.

Valued Contributor

Re: i don't know whether to be upset or furious or both/Anniversary of 9/11 attacks

There was quite a bit on Fox News this morning.

There is something all day on the History Channel.

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Small but stood out to me:

NOTHING via Google images.

NOTHING on Yahoo.

NOTHING mentioned on any forum I am a member of INCLUDING this one. 

Stands out because they USED to. We lost a family member and 3 good friends. Apparently CORPORATE AMERICA doesn't give a ****** (because that is who is behind all the things I mentioned).

If we allow society to forget, it WILL happen again. History has proven this. How sad.

Blame the Cancel Culture Crowd ... they want to cancel the memories of all our US History except what suits them to bully others.

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. There has been coverage in and on media sources of all political "leanings."

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

On this, the 19th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks, there is almost NOTHING commemorating them on anything but National Geographic and the local Seattle channel KOMO 004-0 (I forget which network it represents).

I think it's insulting to the victims who had their lives taken from them or the heros who risked--and sometimes lost--their lives trying to save them!!

For shame!

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I really don't understand "not knowing whether to be upset or furious" but I hope you come back and at least acknowledge all the posters who have taken the time and directed you to news coverage.  

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Small but stood out to me:

NOTHING via Google images.

NOTHING on Yahoo.

NOTHING mentioned on any forum I am a member of INCLUDING this one. 

Stands out because they USED to. We lost a family member and 3 good friends. Apparently CORPORATE AMERICA doesn't give a ****** (because that is who is behind all the things I mentioned).

If we allow society to forget, it WILL happen again. History has proven this. How sad.

Blame the Cancel Culture Crowd ... they want to cancel the memories of all our US History except what suits them to bully others.

@skatting44 

What a ridiculous comment.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 wrote:

@skatting44   We are still the greatest and still standing no matter what..........so................

I can't hear you over the sound of my Freedom this July 4th! | The Regular  Guy NYC

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

What is shameful is thinking an event nearly two decades old should be top of mind when a large part of the West is literally in flames. People are dying TODAY, right now, through no fault of their own. Of course I care about 9/11. I was in the city then. But I care far more right now about my fellow human beings and the wild and domestic animals that are imperiled by fires that don't seem to be controlled. This, on top of a horrible pandemic that also doesn't seem to be controlled, at least here.

That is what matters in this moment.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it depends on where we live as to the coverage 9/11 has been given today. I had GMA on this morning and I admit to thinking they surely could spare more than 5 minutes to honor and memorialize those fallen. 

As for local news, more coverage has been given to the arraignment today for the four police officers involved in the death of George Floyd.

In full disclosure, taking a much needed break from cable news.

Valued Contributor

There was coverage on many channels....many.

I had watched some coverage earlier and frankly couldn't take it any more. It is so emotional, and I feel more fragile now than  normal. 

So after watching I started going through channels trying to avoid coverage. That's how much coverage there was. 

I'm sorry you guys didn't see any, but there really was a lot. 

I also don't feel respectful to argue or debate on a thread regarding this tragic day, so please know my post is meant with kindness. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

There is no lack of coverage. Sorry, that's imaginary. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"