Honored Contributor

Re: i don't know whether to be upset or furious or both/Anniversary of 9/11 attacks

GMA and Fox too.

Honored Contributor

Re: i don't know whether to be upset or furious or both/Anniversary of 9/11 attacks

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

How many posters have stated that there has been coverage? No answer from the op to those posts. Is there some kind of agenda here? 

Hmmm . . .?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

How many posters have stated that there has been coverage? No answer from the op to those posts. Is there some kind of agenda here? 

@proudlyfromNJ 

Good question.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

On this, the 19th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks, there is almost NOTHING commemorating them on anything but National Geographic and the local Seattle channel KOMO 004-0 (I forget which network it represents).

I think it's insulting to the victims who had their lives taken from them or the heros who risked--and sometimes lost--their lives trying to save them!!

For shame!

@GoneButNotForgotten 

You are watching the wrong channels.  Try CNN.

Esteemed Contributor

@ FiddleDeeDee This has been mentioned in Among friends. Pictures posted in remembrance.
I’m sorry for your loss!
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Small but stood out to me:

NOTHING via Google images.

NOTHING on Yahoo.

NOTHING mentioned on any forum I am a member of INCLUDING this one. 

Stands out because they USED to. We lost a family member and 3 good friends. Apparently CORPORATE AMERICA doesn't give a ****** (because that is who is behind all the things I mentioned).

If we allow society to forget, it WILL happen again. History has proven this. How sad.

Blame the Cancel Culture Crowd ... they want to cancel the memories of all our US History except what suits them to bully others.

@skatting44  There are posts on this forum so don't believe the op. You sound like the bully.

Hurling accusations at a specific person on this forum  who voiced an opinion .. maybe you should look in the mirror. 

For many  who lost loved ones on 9/11  , the horrific incidents in NY , Pa and the Pentagon  will never really go away . They deserve to have the day  memorialized each year . It also a time for all of us to really appreciate our city , state, county  emergency support personnel  . So many of the Fire Dept and Police and Transfer station staff lost their lives in 9/11 when they went into the Towers to help victims.

It's also a day for us to be remined that as a country we can come together .

Respected Contributor

Don't know what channels you are watching where there is almost no coverage, but CNN, MSNBC, Fox, local news stations are all covering the 9/11 anniversary. They have nothing to be  ashamed about. They are doing a great job.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Small but stood out to me:

NOTHING via Google images.

NOTHING on Yahoo.

NOTHING mentioned on any forum I am a member of INCLUDING this one. 

Stands out because they USED to. We lost a family member and 3 good friends. Apparently CORPORATE AMERICA doesn't give a ****** (because that is who is behind all the things I mentioned).

If we allow society to forget, it WILL happen again. History has proven this. How sad.

Blame the Cancel Culture Crowd ... they want to cancel the memories of all our US History except what suits them to bully others.

@skatting44  There are posts on this forum so don't believe the op. You sound like the bully.

Hurling accusations at a specific person on this forum  who voiced an opinion .. maybe you should look in the mirror. 

For many  who lost loved ones on 9/11  , the horrific incidents in NY , Pa and the Pentagon  will never really go away . They deserve to have the day  memorialized each year . It also a time for all of us to really appreciate our city , state, county  emergency support personnel  . So many of the Fire Dept and Police and Transfer station staff lost their lives in 9/11 when they went into the Towers to help victims.

It's also a day for us to be remined that as a country we can come together .

There cannot be an "us" until there is no "we" versus "them".

Honored Contributor

9-11 is all over the news and was the first story I saw on my morning news feed.

If there is less coverage on the West Coast, perhaps it’s because much of CA, OR and WA are ON FIRE. In some cases, entires towns are GONE. 600 homes in a town just a few miles from my family in OR.
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   

I'm hearing about many commemorations, no reason for shame.  Albuquerque Fire and Rescue is holding a big memorial ceremony right now.  They've gone to a lot of trouble to prepare and it ought to be very nice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment