Honored Contributor

Re: i don't know whether to be upset or furious or both/Anniversary of 9/11 attacks

@GoneButNotForgotten Both.  It's disgusting.

Frequent Contributor

Re: i don't know whether to be upset or furious or both/Anniversary of 9/11 attacks

there is a special on ABC tonight

Esteemed Contributor

Just because there isn't wall-to-wall non-stop coverage from 12:01 am to 11:59 pm, doesn't mean that there is no coverage.

Yes, we should take a moment to pause and reflect on what happened 19 years ago, but, life does go on.

We now have a whole generation who was born after  9/11/2001.

For them, today is another chapter in their history books.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Lots of coverage here but it is the NY/NJ area. We have the lights that simulate the twin towers which are done every year. It is all over the news with specials on all week. That's the way it is here. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't know what you are expecting @GoneButNotForgotten but it's been on the news channels all day.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten     

Fox news morning show was dedicated to the event.

Honored Contributor

How many posters have stated that there has been coverage? No answer from the op to those posts. Is there some kind of agenda here? 

Trusted Contributor

Fox had coverage from Ground Zero, the Pentagon, and from Shanksville, PA. They covered the President's speech and had guest speakers who were either survivors of the attacks or first responders and ordinary citizens who rescued people from the carnage. They've dedicated the entire day to 9/11 programming. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

On this, the 19th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks, there is almost NOTHING commemorating them on anything but National Geographic and the local Seattle channel KOMO 004-0 (I forget which network it represents).

I think it's insulting to the victims who had their lives taken from them or the heros who risked--and sometimes lost--their lives trying to save them!!

For shame!

FOX news  has had a program this morning  live from Pa and scenes from NY . Interviews with 911 victim families and official ceremony. Also interview with a General who was at the Pentagon that morning who also helped victims there. 

What channels were you watching ?

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

It is being covered.

I'm toggling back and forth between Nat'l Geographic and Discovery channels ... that's enough for me ...