Trusted Contributor

Re: i don't know whether to be upset or furious or both/Anniversary of 9/11 attacks

@jonbon wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Small but stood out to me:

NOTHING via Google images.

NOTHING on Yahoo.

NOTHING mentioned on any forum I am a member of INCLUDING this one. 

Stands out because they USED to. We lost a family member and 3 good friends. Apparently CORPORATE AMERICA doesn't give a ****** (because that is who is behind all the things I mentioned).

If we allow society to forget, it WILL happen again. History has proven this. How sad.

Blame the Cancel Culture Crowd ... they want to cancel the memories of all our US History except what suits them to bully others.

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. There has been coverage in and on media sources of all political "leanings."

@jonbon 

Agree.  Ridiculous.  Re: blaming the Cancel Culture crowd.  It is a not so subtle polical fear mongering comment of a certain political persuasion.

Honored Contributor

Re: i don't know whether to be upset or furious or both/Anniversary of 9/11 attacks

@EatWell wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. There has been coverage in and on media sources of all political "leanings."

@jonbon 

Agree.  Ridiculous.  Re: blaming the Cancel Culture crowd.  It is a not so subtle polical fear mongering comment of a certain political persuasion.

That post she made was intended to cause this kind of discord. She knew what she was doing.

Nobody really believes "cancel culture" exists. A few trot out the concept whenever they don't like the reaction someone they agree with is getting. They are just as happy to try to "cancel" and slience anyone they themselves are mad at.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

So ....  whatever happened to the OP?    Vanished.   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Like his/her nic "GoneButNotForgotten"?

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Like his/her nic "GoneButNotForgotten"?

Now that's a good one!

Trusted Contributor

Fox had it on manty times and it was posted by a lot of people on Facebook.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I lived through it. I won't post my story again because I'm not special. I lost a number of friends and professional colleagues. I don't need, or want, to see any type of endless replay of the day. It's been 19 years. It's long past time to move forward. Forget? Never. But media coverage isn't going to change anything for me. Honestly, I think it's a little masochistic to keep dwelling on it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~