Honored Contributor

Re: i don't know whether to be upset or furious or both/Anniversary of 9/11 attacks

@magicmoodz 

If you are not watching cable, that exliains why you didn't see much coverage of the 9/11 events today.  CNN, MSNBC and I am sure FOX News, covered ttoday's events.  The speeches and memorials.  They went beyond a retelling of what happened 19 years ago.  Local newscasts are limited in what they can cover.  The cable news stations don't have those limits.  Perhaps that's what happned to the OP.  

Honored Contributor

Re: i don't know whether to be upset or furious or both/Anniversary of 9/11 attacks

The Discovery Channel, History Channel and Nat Geo have been running documentaries all day long.

Regular Contributor

I live in NJ and the news has been doing a great job covering this horrific incident.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

Small but stood out to me:

NOTHING via Google images.

NOTHING on Yahoo.

NOTHING mentioned on any forum I am a member of INCLUDING this one. 

Stands out because they USED to. We lost a family member and 3 good friends. Apparently CORPORATE AMERICA doesn't give a ****** (because that is who is behind all the things I mentioned).

If we allow society to forget, it WILL happen again. History has proven this. How sad.

Blame the Cancel Culture Crowd ... they want to cancel the memories of all our US History except what suits them to bully others.

@skatting44  There are posts on this forum so don't believe the op. You sound like the bully.

Hurling accusations at a specific person on this forum  who voiced an opinion .. maybe you should look in the mirror. 

For many  who lost loved ones on 9/11  , the horrific incidents in NY , Pa and the Pentagon  will never really go away . They deserve to have the day  memorialized each year . It also a time for all of us to really appreciate our city , state, county  emergency support personnel  . So many of the Fire Dept and Police and Transfer station staff lost their lives in 9/11 when they went into the Towers to help victims.

It's also a day for us to be remined that as a country we can come together .

You want the country to come together, but you just called people you disagree with bullies. All in order to promote a conspiracy that isn't even true. So...Seems you're just looking to start arguments instead of memorializing a solemn day.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

What is shameful is thinking an event nearly two decades old should be top of mind when a large part of the West is literally in flames. People are dying TODAY, right now, through no fault of their own. Of course I care about 9/11. I was in the city then. But I care far more right now about my fellow human beings and the wild and domestic animals that are imperiled by fires that don't seem to be controlled. This, on top of a horrible pandemic that also doesn't seem to be controlled, at least here.

That is what matters in this moment.

I respectfully disagree. We can do both. We can take one day to remember a tragic event while still working to mitigate the effects of our newer tragedies. They are all tragedies and horrors. Caring about one doesn't mean we can't care about another.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

I live in a NY suburb, small town USA, we have our own towers of light, the are two beams of light that are illuminating town hall

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Lots of coverage here but it is the NY/NJ area. We have the lights that simulate the twin towers which are done every year. It is all over the news with specials on all week. That's the way it is here. 

@I am still oxox  Hi there. I am also in a small town right across the river from you in Rockland.

I'm also in a small town in PA...the pilot of the second plane that you see going into the second tower came from the town next to me and they built a memorial garden to remember him and all of those local people who lost their lives.  There was a service this morning there at The Garden of Reflection.

Esteemed Contributor

I was born and raised in NYC. The attacks of 9/11 killed people I knew and had a direct effect on my family. I will never forget that day. Nevertheless, when I heard last night that we have lost the equivalent of sixty-four 9/11s to Covid...and still counting...I am chilled by the numbers. I fervently wish that the unity of purpose we experienced 19 years ago could return to the present day so that we can conquer this latest enemy.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

I think it depends on where we live as to the coverage 9/11 has been given today. I had GMA on this morning and I admit to thinking they surely could spare more than 5 minutes to honor and memorialize those fallen. 

As for local news, more coverage has been given to the arraignment today for the four police officers involved in the death of George Floyd.

In full disclosure, taking a much needed break from cable news.

@magicmoodz 

Just speculasting here but perhaps they have more 9/11 coverage scheduled for later in the day.  I've no idea what's coming up later on any channel.

Super Contributor

I have seen many shows today about 9/11 on the channels lineup. Plus Fox news had coverage. Many things all over social media as well today.

Esteemed Contributor

Decades is covering it this evening.