Respected Contributor

Re: i can't believe my ears....

Just wait until they're anatomically correct! Then it will really be a problem!!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Fortune said:

Just wait until they're anatomically correct! Then it will really be a problem!!!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Hildegarde Withers said:

Some women must think their handbag is alive...I got her home today and she's a real beauty. LOL

Unless I read it wrong, there was a thread about a purse taking a ride in the car. I hope "she" had a great road trip!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 sylviahomeatlast said:
On 9/13/2014 dooBdoo said:

I love the comments on this thread!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

As for the topic, I don't like calling a purse "she," and after all we're talking about the English language ... correct? But it doesn't shake my world when I hear it.

I file it alongside the fashion world's use of the singular for lip, or eye, or shoe, that sort of thing. Wear a red lip, pair it with a navy shoe? Personally, I'd rather color both lips and wear a shoe on both feet.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'm with you, dooBdoo. Smiley Happy

Cool!Smile

Trusted Contributor

My friend has a car that is a POS. And she constantly refers to it as ""her"" or ""she"". ""She's temperamental and needs to be warmed up"". It bugs me.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/13/2014 sylviahomeatlast said:
On 9/13/2014 dooBdoo said:

I love the comments on this thread!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

As for the topic, I don't like calling a purse "she," and after all we're talking about the English language ... correct? But it doesn't shake my world when I hear it.

I file it alongside the fashion world's use of the singular for lip, or eye, or shoe, that sort of thing. Wear a red lip, pair it with a navy shoe? Personally, I'd rather color both lips and wear a shoe on both feet.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I'm with you, dooBdoo. Smiley Happy

Me too. And don't forget about pant. Susan Graver and a few others refer to the things you wear on your legs as a pant vs. pants.

Respected Contributor

My pocketbook sits on the Hall Tree waiting for me to pick "her" up and take her somewhere. "She" begs to go shopping and insists that I put money in her. She does not like it when I ignore her and don't clean her out so every night I have to take everything out and take out the things she does not think are necessary. She is getting a bit to big for her pants. Today she is demanding that after church we go out to eat.

I just don't know what to do anymore, I love my pocketbook but she is taking over my life.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

My handbag is transgender. I don't know what to call her...uh, him.

Honored Contributor

On 9/14/2014 focksie said:

My handbag is transgender. I don't know what to call her...uh him.

Baby or sweetheart would work.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

On 9/14/2014 Preds said:
On 9/14/2014 focksie said:

My handbag is transgender. I don't know what to call her...uh him.

Baby or sweetheart would work.

hi Preds