Super Contributor

how would YOU change & improve the Q Community?

[ Edited ]

Offshoot of other threads. I saw a poster  @@sfnative who said she would like a sit down panel discussion at Q headquarters with a representative panel of posters (at least 35) and all the Mods. 

If you were on that panel what suggestions would you have for the boards?

What changes to the Standards or anything else would you suggest?

tia!

Honored Contributor

Re: how would YOU change & improve the Q Community?

I would like the ability to block users, similar to the Facebook feature. I would like to block users who I think are downright unkind, so that they would never even see my posts, nor would I see theirs. Everything else is fine.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I would like the ability to block users, similar to the Facebook feature. I would like to block users who I think are downright unkind, so that they would never even see my posts, nor would I see theirs. Everything else is fine.

100% agree.

Respected Contributor

i would like a way to notify mods that thread is going off-track in order to thwart hijackers who take an innocent thread and make it poitical.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional  You can report that already by using the "report inappropriate content" link under a poster's name.

There is a box that comes up and you can type in your concern.

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I am happy the way it is.  I can chose to read whatever I want.  And it seems the moderators do their job by removing unkind words and political leanings.  This is a shopping channel forum and that is what it should always be.  There are other places to post.  I like this one the way it is.  

As for unkindness.  It is all around us everyday.  And there are good wonderful people out there who we should feel thankful for. 

Honored Contributor

We definitely need the ignore/block feature here.

I was very surprised to hear early on when we moved to this software that that option wasn't built in.

I just can't believe someone would build message board software and not include that feature.

I knew Nextdoor.com did not have that feature it's first few years and they finally added it due to all the complaints.  Especially because Nextdoor does not allow admins to ban people.  The only way to ban people is if Nextdoor customer service does it and it takes a lot to ban someone there.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@ms traditional  You can report that already by using the "report inappropriate content" link under a poster's name.

There is a box that comes up and you can type in your concern.

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

@VaBelle35i'm aware.  but that some times takes quite a while and in the meanwhile thread has gotten argumentative and ends up getting poofed. i am tired of it.

Honored Contributor

If we had the “ignore/block” feature, how would that work if the person posted in a thread you were commenting. Would their post be blank? I don’t know how the feature worked before.

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

If we had the “ignore/block” feature, how would that work if the person posted in a thread you were commenting. Would their post be blank? I don’t know how the feature worked before.

Yes , but when someone else quotes that post, you still see it.

I don't know the answer but I rarely post anymore. Most of my posts get deleted for some reason.