Honored Contributor

Re: how drug store prices vary

I'll trade you @151949  you buy my Nexium ,and I will by your husbands meds....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was a very interesting show awhile back that consisted of doctors, people who were currently or had been employed by Pharmacuetical companies.  They exposed the pharmacuetical game and how they manipulate prices and the medical insurance companies. They even talked about how Europe had over the counter drugs that helped with arthritis and was so much better than what was available than what was in the U.S., but the Pharmacuetical companies wouldnt allow it in the U.S. because it would impact the Pharmacuetical companies bottom line........they also have large and powerful lobbyists. 

In fact, there have been current news investigations indicating that the curren Opiod crisis was fueled by the drug industry and certain folks residing in Washington, DC........hundreds of lobbyist and milliions of dollars...........There was a recent story on 60 minutes this fall..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

wrote:

There was a very interesting awhile back that consisted of doctors, people who were currently or had been employed by Pharmacuetical companies.  They exposed the pharmacuetical game and how they manipulate prices and the medical insurance companies. They even talked about how there were over the counter drugs in Europe that helped with arthritis and was so much better than what was available than what was in the U.S., but the Pharmacuetical companies wouldnt allow it in the U.S. because it would impact the Pharmacuetical companies bottom line........they also have large and powerful lobbyists. 

In fact, there have been current news investigations indicating that the curren Opiod crisis was fueled by the drug industry and certain folks residing in Washington, DC........hundreds of lobbyist and milliions of dollars...........There was a recent story on 60 minutes this fall..............

@Spurt - oh I believe that along with hospital personnel trying to push it on patients when all they were asking for was a tylenol for pain and had to fight to get it.  Then being told the reason they were in pain was because they were refusing the dilaudid...

Super Contributor

Does his plan offer mail order? I understand the frustration but sometimes 90 mail order prescriptions can be less expensive. It may not eliminate for the physician letter, but it may be a less expensive option. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I'll trade you @151949  you buy my Nexium ,and I will by your husbands meds....

@cherry   you know the Nexium is on the shelves or mail order from Amazon, 42 capsules for around $20.00

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  thanks   I do know. I take it 2 times a day and zantac 2 times, also plus dgl licorice tablets

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

There was a very interesting awhile back that consisted of doctors, people who were currently or had been employed by Pharmacuetical companies.  They exposed the pharmacuetical game and how they manipulate prices and the medical insurance companies. They even talked about how there were over the counter drugs in Europe that helped with arthritis and was so much better than what was available than what was in the U.S., but the Pharmacuetical companies wouldnt allow it in the U.S. because it would impact the Pharmacuetical companies bottom line........they also have large and powerful lobbyists. 

@Spurt - oh I believe that along with hospital personnel trying to push it on patients when all they were asking for was a tylenol for pain and had to fight to get it.  Then being told the reason they were in pain was because they were refusing the dilaudid...

I retired 10 years ago but probably the last 5 years I was working they had anesthesia doctors coming around meeting with the nurses to tell us that when ever a patient complained they had pain we were to medicate them immediately.Even if there were no other signs of pain , like fast heart rate or other involuntary signs of pain.If it was too soon for them to have their prescribed pain med we were to call the doctor to get additional pain meds ordered.If their pain was not completely irradicated in an hour we were to call & get something else.Basically, all patients were to be pain free all the time.

Well, now they find the monster they created with this attitude and now a days they are radically the other way around. People in terrible pain can't get the meds they need. There was nothing wrong with the old way things were - patients were ordered a reasonable amount of pain medication and the nurses were taught how to assess a patient's pain level and medicated appropriately. Gee - how simple is that?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I retired 10 years ago but probably the last 5 years I was working they had anesthesia doctors coming around meeting with the nurses to tell us that when ever a patient complained they had pain we were to medicate them immediately.Even if there were no other signs of pain , like fast heart rate or other involuntary signs of pain.If it was too soon for them to have their prescribed pain med we were to call the doctor to get additional pain meds ordered.If their pain was not completely irradicated in an hour we were to call & get something else.Basically, all patients were to be pain free all the time.

Well, now they find the monster they created with this attitude and now a days they are radically the other way around. People in terrible pain can't get the meds they need. There was nothing wrong with the old way things were - patients were ordered a reasonable amount of pain medication and the nurses were taught how to assess a patient's pain level and medicated appropriately. Gee - how simple is that?

@151949

Its so sad instead of patient care its all about the money instead these days....all you have to do is "follow the money" to find out where the problem is................. 

Just like the fiasco with Epipen Mylan Pharmacuetical CEO and Hedgefund Manager, Martin Shkreli jacked up the price .....Im glad they caught him on security fraud charges and arrested  him---KARMA! 

And isn't it interesting that you dont hear all the news channels discuss drugs as a major story (except the Epipen and Opiod crisis)...but where is the outrage on the news about Pharmacuetical company practices and outrageous prices on other drugs....I know what one of my friends pays for her asthmas medication, and another for diabetes, and my sister has so many allergies so the one blood pressure medication is $700!!  But they cant do that because have used noticed that most of their advertising income from their TV sponsors comes from Pharmacuetical companies...talk about covering their bases these Pharmacuetical companies are devious......."oh what a web they weave...."Woman FrustratedWoman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”