Honored Contributor

Re: how do you feel about being called a "fan"

I don't mind it.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me at all, and I'm not sure I would even notice a host or product rep using that word.    Often we see posts here in the forums stating "I'm a fan of" certain product lines, so it's rather ubiquitous and not unusual.   @deepwaterdotter,  Love your comment!   Thanks for the humor!😀

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

I have an ex-husband and have been called a whole lot of things - none of them nice (or fit to print) - so "fan" works for me! LOL - LuLu
Esteemed Contributor

Not that it makes a big difference in my life or anything but I do find it a little presumptuous.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Doesn't bother me.  Actually, I think it's rather cute when he uses it.  

I always thought he was referring to those who "like" a specific designer, style, or color and buy quite a bit of it.  I think he uses the word rather loosely.  

As far as QVC designers, I'd say Louis Dell'Olio has fans.  They eagerly wait for his return with new products.  I never noticed other designers receiving as much admiration (deserving I would say), but then I haven't been watching.  

Gary might call repeat Logo and Susan Graver shoppers...fans.  Or shoppers preferring elbow length sleeves, fans of that style. 

I never thought Gary meant anyone even close to today's football fans.  

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I don't mind.  I've always considered myself a Susan Graver fan, for example.  Same with Isaac.  

@Krimpette 

I'm a fan of SG, LG, RG, BM and LR.  Not a fan of the any of the rest of them, though I may like one or two of their items.

Not a D&C fan, though I am a fan of their original waist pants - or whatever they are called.  Not a fan of what's-his-name.  

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter LOL that's so funny. I needed a good chuckle, thanks.

Sincerely,

A Fan!!

Esteemed Contributor

"Fan" is fine with me. When Denim & Co. offered 100% cotton items, I purchased many wonderful pieces of clothing. Still hope Gary will offer those great types of clothing again. I'll be a fan who purchases again! 

Just don't call me "guys" or "honey" or "dear". I'm none of those things to anyone at QVC.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy 

Have no idea who "gary" might be, but I am not a fan of anyone I have seen on any shopping network. I will save my being called a fan of only my New York Rangers NHL Hockey Team. 

I take my "fandom" very seriously.      =^..^=

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady 

100% cotton would be a welcome change.

Thank you