Trusted Contributor

Re: how Subway is doing with their new menu

It's been years since I ate at Subway.  The last time I ate there the lady lifted up the glass door covering the meats and out flew 2 flies.  I said No No No, walked out and called the corporate hot line and also the local health department to report them. 

Honored Contributor

My husband also says that without ordering 'double meat', Subway is just a loaf of bread.  He prefers Jimmy John's.  I only eat my own subs made from half a loaf of Italian bread.  Meats and cheeses are from the local Italian deli.    

Trusted Contributor

we prefer Jersey Mikes...haven't been to Subway in awhile.

Honored Contributor

@THETOT Just Goggled the menu. Doesn't sound good.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

Haven't been there in quite some time and don't plan on going back. 

Honored Contributor

No... I'm fortunate that we have many sandwich shops and restaurants that make real authentic submarine sandwiches. Hubby says Subway is for people who don't know any better.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 @They have always had all veggie subs and veggie subs with cheese. I can't say whether they will still make these now.

I hope they have improved their breads. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's been a while since I've seen anything about the "there's no tuna in Subway tuna" lawsuit.

Really Gross Story Alert

About five years ago a nearby Subway suddenly closed with a "permanently closed" sign in the window. If you looked inside, it seemed as if the employees just walked out without closing up. Remember all Subways are individually owned franchises.

A few days later I saw they had had a health department inspection which revealed mold growing in all refrigerated cases, including the ones they were  making sandwiches from. They were immediately shut down and word was the owner quickly left the country to avoid any liability. 

Valued Contributor

I stopped eating at Subway a few years ago when I went through the drive-thru and ordered a BLT with mayo.

I got back to my office and only had bacon and mayo on the roll.  I called and complained and the so-called manager said that people complain when they order a BLT and it has lettuce and tomato on it.   I was amazed. 

So instead of serving me a BLT with lettuce and tomato (which should be a given), they cater to the idiots of the world that order a BLT and don't want the LT.  Why offer a BLT if they aren't going to automatically supply the LT??  

The dumbing down of America is persistent

Respected Contributor

I don't like Subway.  If I'm going to eat a sub, it's usually Jersey Mikes.  Or there are mom & pop sub shops that are excellent.  And usually if a place has good pizza (not Dominos or Pizza Hut), they usually have good subs too.