Honored Contributor

Re: host MARY NELSON is leaving QVC

[ Edited ]

Mary was on both Saturday and yesterday on Q2.  

On Saturday she was on with Amal from Anybody and started to talk about it and became very teary eyed.

She said she and her husband are moving back to Nebraska.  She said she has been asked if she was forced to leave and she gave an emphatic no.  She said she loves QVC and QVC loves her.  That is when she said she was moving. The vendor made a comment about Mary coming back in the future and Mary said you never know.     

Occasional Contributor

One of my newer favorites...so sad she is leaving. Sounds like she tried so hard to get on QVC and that was her dream........... not sure of her circumstances but I will miss her. Charming and so excited about DIY projects. Good Luck Mary.

Honored Contributor

awwwwww, she really lost it at the end of her show today.

seems like she will really miss being a part of qvc.

wishing her success and happiness as she moves back to nebraska. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

awwwwww, she really lost it at the end of her show today.

seems like she will really miss being a part of qvc.

wishing her success and happiness as she moves back to nebraska. Smiley Happy

@sunshine45 - That was so sad when she said at the end, "I'll have to eat by myself and drink by myself." The camera crew sat with her. I wish Katie had been able to go over, but she probably had to get ready for her show which was following Mary's. My previous post was deleted, so I'll have to remember we can't speculate! But she is a sweet person and she is going "home" to Nebraska. I hope life gives her all she is wishing for. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Mary Just said she is returning to Kansas not Kentucky

Respected Contributor

I have come to be very fond of Mary Nelson due to her easy-going, laid back casual style with professionalism, much like Mary Beth.  Mary Nelson is so easy to listen to, no antics, no playing to the camera, just a genuinely pleasant host.  I will miss her and no doubt this loss will lead me to watch even less of QVC. The hosts who are full of themselves wear many of us to the point of not watching.  I personally wish Mary Nelson the best for her future endeavors.  I will miss her!

You were my favorite Host., you did your job so professionally and friendly, Wish you much luck and good wishes and never ever stop dreaming big ...Qvc just had a huge loss in your leaving.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

She's going back to Kentucky, I mean Kansas, I mean NEBRASKA.

(It's true, no one listens to or pays attention to anyone else.)

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Who?

I'm the same way.  Eventually I found out who she was.  She's rarely on QVC.  The first time I finally saw her, I thought she was a brand new host. LOL.  I think I only saw her that one time.

Respected Contributor

I would bet that she was let go! QVC pays their hosts extremely well and I can't imagine that she would simply leave after spending so long trying to get her foot in the door! 

She probably shouldn't have shared that she contacted Shawn with the hope of landing a job! Do you know how many wannabees are going to now do this?