Honored Contributor

How many more horses have to die before they do something???

Where's the ASPCA, the Humane Society, PETA, animal activists, SOMEBODY???

This has been going on way too long!

Aren't these tracks regulated and monitored?

It just disgusts me....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Appalling, cruel, horrible, sad tragedy, this angers me.  How much longer are those involved going to wait before they shut down the track and do a thorough investigation and get to the bottom of these animal deaths..  If there are guilty parties I hope they will be harshly punished and not allowed near a horse for the rest of their lives.  

It is all about money and greed and at the expense of these beautiful creatures.  I am not a fan of horse racing and this scandal  reinforces my feelings.  I have felt like this since I was a young girl and see no purpose to this so called sport.  That is my opinion and I bet these senseless horse deaths happen a lot more than we are even aware of.  

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@golding76 wrote:

What is going on?  I haven't heard anything about this.

It's a big issue here in SoCal, @golding76 . They really don't know what has caused these many deaths. Some are protesting that they should shut down.

I wish they would!!!!!!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

From what I've  read of these deaths, there's  no common denominator or reason for the deaths.  They all seem to be isolated incidents so it's hard to find soneone or something to blame.  There have been investigations and the track was closed for a period of time but as soon as it reopened the deaths resumed.  There are too many horse accidents and deaths at all tracks, not just this one.  It's a serious, complex, multi-faceted problem but it's evident there need to be changes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: horses still dying

[ Edited ]

I can’t believe this is still going on, it’s been months, why hasn’t this place been shut down...good question is where are all the animal organizations on this?

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

I can’t believe this is still going on, it’s been months, why hasn’t this place been shut down...good question is where are all the animal organizations on this?

Ita! I love horses and this makes me sick...you know somethings going on...!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Appalling, cruel, horrible, sad tragedy, this angers me.  How much longer are those involved going to wait before they shut down the track and do a thorough investigation and get to the bottom of these animal deaths..  If there are guilty parties I hope they will be harshly punished and not allowed near a horse for the rest of their lives.  

It is all about money and greed and at the expense of these beautiful creatures.  I am not a fan of horse racing and this scandal  reinforces my feelings.  I have felt like this since I was a young girl and see no purpose to this so called sport.  That is my opinion and I bet these senseless horse deaths happen a lot more than we are even aware of.  

Ita! I took care of a woman that told me all about this dangerous sport..it broke her heart..and mine too! It IS all about greed..(horses are beautiful creatures...ita!!!)

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor
The California Race Horse Association Board recommended that Santa Anita shut down but Santa Anita refused. Unfortunately the resource association doesn’t have the authority to just force an immediate closure. Basically the owner of the venue has to agree. What a joke. There is a movement to try to get the law changed so that the board actually has the authority to do something. The Breeders Cup, which is huge, is in November. There’s debate on whether it should be held at a different venue.
Trusted Contributor

I saw this morning that an Hall of Fame hourse trainer has been band because 4 of his horses have died. This all can't have been from miss use could it?

Trusted Contributor

Why is the state not shutting this track down?  This is animal cruelty at its worst.