Honored Contributor

Re: holiday sadness

[ Edited ]

I've tried to ❤ all your posts because the comments are so sincere. I agree with someone who said once the kids/grandkids are grown, some of the fun is gone. The only thing I currently feel sad about is that I cannot find a late Christmas Eve candlelight service. We always attended one at 11pm. Then it was moved earlier and earlier each year to the point where 6pm is common.

Respected Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

Yes, twinges of sadness every year, but I don't try to dwell on it.  My husband of almost 41 yrs died 9-28-10, our anniversary was 12-19, so whenever I hear the song "I'll be home for Christmas (if only in your dreams)", I get a little sad because I know it won't be.  But I look at the season for beauty and happiness and spiritual and I do well.  Each year I would buy white feather angel wings to put on my tree to remind me of my love, but this year I can't find the same ones.  So I'm not putting up a tree, instead I go out and enjoy the chatter and the lights of others.  

@new nickname 4  Music an really do a number of your emotions.

The first Christmas without my mother I remember standing in a store and "I'll Be Home For Christmas" was played.  It was like a punch in the gut.  I know exactly what you mean.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian Of course you can join the party! Woman Wink

Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean so very much. Wishing you the best for the holiday season and always. Love and hugs right back to you!

Contributor

I too, Miss my sister, mom, and all the memories. We used to bake 1000's of cookies and give them to everyone. The cure, or at least it helps, is to do something nice for someone that is lonely, having a hard time, or just needs a friend. You will feel so much better, and they will love it.  Better yet,if possible, ask them to help you bake and deliver, or whatever, and let them have the great feeling of giving. Merry Christmas.