Esteemed Contributor

Re: have you ever won anything

I won a freckle contest at the county fair when I was around 7.  The prize was a rubber ball.  

Esteemed Contributor

I already posted, but I have two more to add that I had forgotten about.  Both times they were for Broadway shows.

The first time I had a friend in the show, so I didn't need the tickets.  I gave them away to a couple I met waiting in line at another show.

The second time I had already seen the show, but I loved it and went again, which I especially wanted to do because it was a good opportunity to bring a friend who had recently been a huge emotional support to me.

Now that I think about it, I have actually won quite a few things!  Good topic, btw.  I've been enjoying the replies.  :-)

Honored Contributor

In high school, I won a prize on a morning radio program call-in contest.  I would have had to go to the station in Chicago to pick up the prize.  We lived in the suburbs and I had very little expressway driving experience then so I blew it off.  Some kids at school heard it on the radio so that recognition was enough for me.

I attended a local homemakers event and won a small hand vaccum.  I think DH still has it in the garage for cleaning the car interiors.

I've won a pie, which I gave away to a family who would enjoy it.

We attended a Fab Four concert last year.  "George" called me up to strum his guitar.  He let me keep the pick.  I still have it

Honored Contributor

I was at a conference once for work and they had 10 prize drawings. I won 2 of them, one was a Mickey Mouse watch and the other was a huge Godiva chocolate basket. 

Valued Contributor

i won an amish quilt this past sat. at our local church.   and i met the ladies who made i t   5 pastors came and put on a music program   were 150 people there.  give a donation for the nee.  dy sign the ticket . and i won  its beautiful the colors go with my colors  

Honored Contributor

i won $25 from HSN once.  It's the only thing I ever won.

I have two sisters who are super lucky. They have won a lot of really nice prizes.  One sister won a car and both of them have won really decent amounts playing the lottery more than once.

My youngest sister won $5000 at a conference in LasVegas for having a sticker under her dinner plate....I can go one an on....they share the same birthday, different years.

Respected Contributor

On a bet, I took and I won the written contest at my high school to be Betty Crocker Homemaker of the Year. I had never taken any Home Ec classes.  Survivors of my class still crack up about it---

Any eldest daughter in a large Irish family learns a lot about cooking, cleaning and child-care. Even the family I babysat for had nine kids.

Honored Contributor

yes , i have....... much of it thanks to social media. i have some of it and some i have given as gifts.

money

clothing

jewelry

raffles

gift cards

free meals

luggage

amazon echo

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

NO....my husband even filled out those Publishers Clearing House letters/forms over and over again for me and I still never won a dime LOL!

Respected Contributor

When I was nine years old I signed my Mother's name and our phone number for a drawing at our local supermarket and won a  chest freezer. I remember she was going to question it when they called and I interrupted and told her I put her name in. My parents sold the freezer and put the money away for me.