Honored Contributor

@BeautyLver ...just maybe someone on the forums is from Indiana and just happens to be a hairdresser...ya never know.

Super Contributor

Re: hair salons in indiana

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@BeautyLver ...just maybe someone on the forums is from Indiana and just happens to be a hairdresser...ya never know.

If my mother was 85 and going into a hair salon at this time, I'd be seeking facts directly from the state beforehand and seeking assurance from the salon that they are doing everything possible to protect everyone, most especially my mother.  The stylist not wearing a mask...my mother would not be stepping a foot inside.

Honored Contributor

@BeautyLver wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

If my mother was 85 and going into a hair salon at this time, I'd be seeking facts directly from the state beforehand and seeking assurance from the salon that they are doing everything possible to protect everyone, most especially my mother.  The stylist not wearing a mask...my mother would not be stepping a foot inside.

@BeautyLver  That’s great. For you. Everyone is different and they do things their way. Do you really expect everyone to live their lives the way you do? I would say more but won’t.

Super Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@BeautyLver wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@BeautyLver  That’s great. For you. Everyone is different and they do things their way. Do you really expect everyone to live their lives the way you do? I would say more but won’t.

You may want to take your own advice.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here in Indiana we have gone to stage 3.  Face coverings recommended and people over 65 should limit exposure.

Today we added 521 new virus cases and 40 new deaths. Our total death count for Indiana is 1,946 as of today. 

We have many rural counties here.  The one I live in has only 2 deaths and 27 virus cases. 

With someone your mothers age, I think it wise to play it safe.  DH (72) just had his hair cut. His hairdresser wore a mask and so did he.  There were only 2 hairdressers in the shop so distancing was good.  On the other hand, my sister (69) just went and her beautician took no precautions.  She will not be going back to her. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mother (86) would definitely walk out of a situation she is not comfortable with. 

Do you feel your mother isn't able to make those decisions?  Did she let you know ahead of time she was getting her hair cut?  I'm sure someone could have called ahead of time to find out what the protocal was.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest 

@goldensrbest wrote:

Where would one look to see rules for salons there with  wearing of mask?

Here in Northern Ca. They need to wear mask, change to different capes for each customer, sanitize chair each time and only one customer at a time. No magazines or drinks like water, coffee using glasses. There are a few others I forgot.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I thought one could ask questions on here,i see it all the time.!!!!!

Yes, of course you can ask questions here.  As with everything else, someone might know, or be able to lead you to a good source.  You did nothing wrong by asking your question.  Don't give it another thought.  It's nice when we can be helpful to each other.  :-)