Frequent Contributor

I live in CA and went this morning for a perm and haircut.  Before entering the shop, your temperature was taken and a mask is required.  Very difficult to cut around the ears when there is elastic around the ears.  All capes have to be cleaned after use.  No magazines, water, or food from the shop.  You can bring your own water.   After someone has used the bathroom, it has to be cleaned.  The doors are locked to the bathroom.  Only patrons are allowed in the shop. No pedicures or manicures.  The list goes on and on.  It was worth it to get my hair done.

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac  ..... Indiana has a high count. Their count is 33,558 with 1,946 deaths. Their newspaper says that "Indiana has more deaths per capita than any other state that has started to reopen".

Interesting comment from the newspaper since Ohio now has 34,566 with 2,131 deaths. 

Honored Contributor

Re: hair salons in indiana

[ Edited ]

She is 85, and been going to the lady for many years,not had her hair cut in 4 months, so do not blame her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@BeautyLver wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Where would one look to see rules for salons there with  wearing of mask?

Is there some reason you can't google and or research questions you have?? Seems like you expect others to do so for you, which they have.  A thank you might be nice, certainly appropriate.  FYI, if my 85 year old mother was stepping foot into any kind of establishment as described, as her daughter I would ensure beforehand measures were being taken to ensure HER utmost safety and well being.  If not, she would not be stepping foot into the establishment.  She's 85!

For your information,i live in maine,she in indiana, and stop the comment of me searching ,but i did ,for your information,not that you care!!!! Is this a chat from ,or not ,to ask questions.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

She is 85, and been gpoing to the lady for many years,not had her hair cut in 4 months, so do not blame her.

@goldensrbest, no one blamed your mom. I just think it's a shame that your state recommendations are not requirements.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I thought one could ask questions on here,i see it all the time.!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

She is 85, and been gpoing to the lady for many years,not had her hair cut in 4 months, so do not blame her.

@goldensrbest, no one blamed your mom. I just think it's a shame that your state recommendations are not requirements.

Yes, when a poster said she should had not  stayed there,i explained why.

Respected Contributor

@BeautyLver wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Where would one look to see rules for salons there with  wearing of mask?

Is there some reason you can't google and or research questions you have?? Seems like you expect others to do so for you, which they have.  A thank you might be nice, certainly appropriate.  FYI, if my 85 year old mother was stepping foot into any kind of establishment as described, as her daughter I would ensure beforehand measures were being taken to ensure HER utmost safety and well being.  If not, she would not be stepping foot into the establishment.  She's 85!

Wow, the rude snarky comments by some on these boards never ceases to amaze me.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest ...Of course this is a forum to ask questions, I do it often....just ignore the poster, you did nothing wrong.

I have learned many things here and I do google but first hand knowlege is always good.

Super Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@goldensrbest ...Of course this is a forum to ask questions, I do it often....just ignore the poster, you did nothing wrong.

I have learned many things here and I do google but first hand knowlege is always good.

Oh, please...If you wish to educate yourself on specifics re regulations of a specific state you would come here and ask??  Those that posted googled to get the info for the OP.