Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I feel it was selflsh for her not to wear one ,mom has been going to her for many years.

I agree with that @goldensrbest.  I'm sorry to learn about your mom's experience.  I wouldn't blame her if she looked for a new stylist.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Other reason ,my  mom is  85 ,lives in indiana ,went today to get hair cut ,her beautician did not wear a mask.

Wow, was she alone? She should have left. Or if someone was with her, they should have had her leave.

I had my hair cut and colored yesterday. All staff in masks. All customers must wear masks. Stations are 6 feet or more apart. All stations for washing and cutting/coloring are sanitized after every customer.

Your Mom's salon sounds terrible.

Honored Contributor

My salon has a huge sign up saying must wear a mask to enter. I wore a mask when I had my hair done as did my stylist. I was the only person in there as well.

Esteemed Contributor

AARP's website has a daily update listing COVID restrictions in every state.  Here is what they have for today for Indiana.  I would think it would be interesting to find out more about that salon's safety plan and whether wearing masks is part of their plan.

Indiana: Gov. Eric Holcomb issued an order moving most counties to Stage 3 of the state’s reopening plan. Residents are still encouraged to stay in and work from home as much as possible. Social distancing and face masks are recommended for trips outside the home. Restaurants can operate at 50 percent capacity; retail stores, at 75 percent. Drive-in theaters, miniature golf, personal-care services, gyms, hotels, professional services and governmental offices are among businesses that can reopen with restrictions. Reopened businesses are required to implement a safety plan that addresses sanitation and social distancing. Gatherings of up to 100 people are permitted, provided that social distancing practices are in place. Adult day care facilities can resume June 1. Bars, movie theaters and most other large amusement venues remain closed. A few counties remain in Stage 2, under which restrictions for businesses are tighter.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

AARP's website has a daily update listing COVID restrictions in every state.  Here is what they have for today for Indiana.  I would think it would be interesting to find out more about that salon's safety plan and whether wearing masks is part of their plan.

Indiana: Gov. Eric Holcomb issued an order moving most counties to Stage 3 of the state’s reopening plan. Residents are still encouraged to stay in and work from home as much as possible. Social distancing and face masks are recommended for trips outside the home. Restaurants can operate at 50 percent capacity; retail stores, at 75 percent. Drive-in theaters, miniature golf, personal-care services, gyms, hotels, professional services and governmental offices are among businesses that can reopen with restrictions. Reopened businesses are required to implement a safety plan that addresses sanitation and social distancing. Gatherings of up to 100 people are permitted, provided that social distancing practices are in place. Adult day care facilities can resume June 1. Bars, movie theaters and most other large amusement venues remain closed. A few counties remain in Stage 2, under which restrictions for businesses are tighter.

So the only mention of wearing a mask is a recommendation for trips outside of the house. Very wishy-washy.

@wildcat fan 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I googled Indiana re-opening restrictions for salons and a chart came up  that listed face coverings as "recommended".

Useless, IMO, if they are not mandatory.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Other reason ,my  mom is  85 ,lives in indiana ,went today to get hair cut ,her beautician did not wear a mask.

Did your mother go alone to the salon? The beautician should have definitely worn a mask, your mother for her own safety should have worn one too. At her age, your mom needs to take every precaution she can to keep safe.

Super Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Where would one look to see rules for salons there with  wearing of mask?

Is there some reason you can't google and or research questions you have?? Seems like you expect others to do so for you, which they have.  A thank you might be nice, certainly appropriate.  FYI, if my 85 year old mother was stepping foot into any kind of establishment as described, as her daughter I would ensure beforehand measures were being taken to ensure HER utmost safety and well being.  If not, she would not be stepping foot into the establishment.  She's 85!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Did your mother go alone to the salon? The beautician should have definitely worn a mask, your mother for her own safety should have worn one too. At her age, your mom needs to take every precaution she can to keep safe.

@Jordan2, the OP did say in a subsequent post that her mom was wearing a mask.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Jordan2, the OP did say in a subsequent post that her mom was wearing a mask.

Oh, okay, you caught, me I don't always read every post!