Esteemed Contributor

Re: >400 Doctors, Nurses, & Pharmacists Arrested in Fraud case

There was a very well liked doctor in my area who got involved in a kickback scam with a lab and was caught and is now serving time.  You just never know. 

Respected Contributor

We just found out that some friends' son from a few years ago (moved away), has gone to prison for this very thing.  He was a Physician's Assistant and ran his clinics scamming the system.   He is serving concurrently 10 years pleading guilty.  

Esteemed Contributor

This is GOOD news!!
Honored Contributor

People need to be aware of what is on their medical records.  We receive monthly summaries so anything out of order would be reported to the insurance company immediately.

You have to take control of your health.  Ask responsible questions and receive responsible answers.  If you are not completely satisfied, ask again.

Your PCP is your first link to everything else; open communication between you and your doctor is critical.

These fraud cases are nothing new; but at least this group has been caught.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I had one doctor who ordered five or six tests or procedures everytime I went to see him.  I found someone else.  I am fine.  And back a few years the same office had oodles of pharmaceutical reps take up waiting room space.  Some brought lunches for the entire staff and I understood some doctors were treated to cruises and vacations.  This is no longer legal. We have a lot of quid pro quo in every field but this was soooo obvious. 

Honored Contributor

I wish they'd published a list of the names and locations of these people. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

It's about time.  I hope that more of the fraud in this country is exposed and stopped.  There should be a special place in he!! for these people.

It's the little things.
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm so tired of hearing about the Oxy addiction problem.  I see the other end of it.  I sit every month with people who (mostly my age) can hardly get out of the chair to walk to the examining room.

People forget that there are problems with the body that cannot be fixed.  It's a case where (like everything in this country) a few (when you consider the REAL numbers) people make life difficult for others.

I don't know about other medical Drs who manage pain but my Dr makes you pee in a cup every visit and then it's sent out (the things they check for run single spaced 2 full pages (I know because I request a copy of it).  This also runs up the cost of insurance.  When I review it, I have found several mistakes.  Most people never even think to ask to see or have a copy of their reports.

I find it amazing that people act like a Dr knows all and is some kind of GOD.  I've been with the same Drs for many years.  We have frank and honest talks.  They respect my opinion.

My cardiologist said, "Why do you fight me when I try to give you a medication?"  I said, "Think about it.  When do you 'take away' a medication?  You end up adding another medication to counter act the one you've already given".  He said, "You do make sense".

When I was in rehab recently, they were giving me medicine for high and low blood pressure (at the same time).  I put an end to that!  They were giving me high dosages of aspirin (I can't take high dosages due to problems with my stomach.....lowered the dosage).  And on and on.

A person must educate themselves about their body.  They must learn what works and doesn't work.  They must understand there are consequences to every medicine and understand the medicine.

Just saying.

I'm not sure what the long winded post was for, but it makes sense on its face.  Many people won't understand half of what they are supposed to know ~ and that is why physicians (good ones) will explain to their patients the risks/rewards of any treatment.  They are the ones who have the medical degree afterall, @Annabellethecat66.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

I've been saying all along that Big Pharma and unethical doctors are responsible for this addiction epidemic.  It's good to hear that the hammer of justice is finally coming down on them.  I hope it continues until every last one of 'em is stopped and their profits are confiscated to go toward undoing the harm they have created.            

@IamMrsG of course, they are partly responsible.  Not entirely though.

*Call Tyrone*