Respected Contributor

Re: >400 Doctors, Nurses, & Pharmacists Arrested in Fraud case

Hopefully, it is not the tip of the iceberg.

Esteemed Contributor

It is all about greed, pure and simple.  The cardiologist should lose his license at the same time he and and his wife are led from a courtroom to spend many years in prison.  What they did is despicable. Woman Mad

@loveschocolate wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow. A cardiologist and his wife were arrested near here. The doctor was actually ordering unnecessary tests AND performed medical procedures such as cardiac stents, pacemakers and automatic implantable defibrillators for patients that did NOT NEED them. Disgusting!!!! They made about 2 million dollars between 2007-2015 fraudulently. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I agree, however, patients like myself who suffer debilitating pain and need the medication for relief, should not be made to pay for the greed of others. Woman Mad

@IamMrsG wrote:

I've been saying all along that Big Pharma and unethical doctors are responsible for this addiction epidemic.  It's good to hear that the hammer of justice is finally coming down on them.  I hope it continues until every last one of 'em is stopped and their profits are confiscated to go toward undoing the harm they have created.            

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

That does not surprise me at all.  Those who can afford it go to European countries for treatment and/or medication that works.  For years I have been saying there are treatments and medications that work but are not allowed in the US. for the very reason you stated in your post.  Greed comes before treating and saving lives.   My blood pressure just went through the roof, that's how angry it makes me.  The greed, it is beyond belief.

@Spurt wrote:

This is just a tip of the ice berg with the pharmaceutical companies........and its not just Opioids either..........

There was a fascinating show awhile back that consisted of doctors, former pharmaceutical employees and others in the industry......they have their own form of politics and sometimes it's all about the money and not about the health or well fare of patients...For example, they told one story about a medication that is available in France that offers a break through for arthritis, but the Pharmaceutical Companies in the U.S. wouldnt let it in, because it would mean a drop in sales for pain medications that US companies offered.......I just shook my head in amazement....

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis There are two ways of offering criticism.....If you didn't want to read my long-winded post...no one was holding a gun or knife to your head.  

Just saying.....

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I worked as a ward clerk in a nursing home in the 80's, the doctors wrote orders for meds before they got results back fom lab tests . The meds ended being flushed because they were not the effective meds for the persons problem. The pharmancy they used would not take the meds back or give credit in any way. Antibiotics and pain meds were the biggest wastes and it was constant. It got so bad the nurses complained to the administration and they finally did get that practice under control. That pharmacist was just a local guy and he made a fortune from the nursing homes in our area. Another big wasteful area was physical therapy and what they charged for goods and services IMO was criminal.

Esteemed Contributor

I've said FOR YEARS that nothing would surprise me regarding the medical industry (as it is so corrupt), but I have to admit, this has me reeling.

What I can't understand:  a cancer doctor and a cardiologist are going to have REAL patients anyway ----- why on earth would they treat patients who don't have the disease or condition they are treating them for? One could say "money," but I would think a cardiologist and a cancer MD would make a good living anyway - why would they need to do this? It's insane......I don't know if their motive was greed or sadism.