Honored Contributor

Re: government free covid test kits.....site is now LIVE

Make sure you read the instructions carefully with the test.  I know some people thought because there were 2 tests in a box, that meant 2 different people could use one box.  However, when reading the instructions before I started, it specifically said you are supposed to test and then 36 hours test again.

After I did my 2 tests and they came back negative, I was still sick the following week so when I called my doctor, she had me go for a PCR test and told me that these home tests aren't that accurate.  If you test positive with one, you are positive but there are a lot of false negatives.     

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Make sure you read the instructions carefully with the test.  I know some people thought because there were 2 tests in a box, that meant 2 different people could use one box.  However, when reading the instructions before I started, it specifically said you are supposed to test and then 36 hours test again.

After I did my 2 tests and they came back negative, I was still sick the following week so when I called my doctor, she had me go for a PCR test and told me that these home tests aren't that accurate.  If you test positive with one, you are positive but there are a lot of false negatives.     

There are two tests in a box, but they could be split up and used by two different people.  If you get a positive result, you don't need to retest and you can give the second test from that box to someone else. 

I would recommend that if you get a negative and still have symptoms, you take the second one a day later.  

I've done this.  Negative the first day, positive the next.  I don't think the test was faulty.  I just wasn't "positive enough" on the first day. 

No test is going to be perfect, but these are a great tool.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw    I have the N95 masks.  In my opinion they fit properly. They are snug over the nose and no gaping on the sides.  They do not ride up and no pulling or tugging.  I wore yesterday to my dr's  appt and I forgot I had it on.  

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@chiclets   The test are meant to be read at home.  There will be very easy instructions to administer your own test and get thecresukts within usually 10 to 15 minutes

Thank you so much for your reply. It has been helpful and informative.

Esteemed Contributor

Question:    I have a two family dwelling.   When I went on line to order the free covid tests I was denied because there was already an order placed for the address.  Obviously, my tenants must have ordered them.  What do I have to do in order to get my tests?

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Question:    I have a two family dwelling.   When I went on line to order the free covid tests I was denied because there was already an order placed for the address.  Obviously, my tenants must have ordered them.  What do I have to do in order to get my tests?

I don't know ,but did see on our local news this is a problem.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector  try putting your apartment number, or whatever distinguishes the two, on the same line as the address instead of in the separate field.  I read that this worked for some people who were having that problem.

Trusted Contributor

There is also a link in the instructions that allows you to see exactly how the USPS lists your address.

I had to use it to order my mother's test kits. I had spelled out "terrace" and the post office had it abbreviated.

Esteemed Contributor

I got mine today!

Honored Contributor

Mine are out for delivery today.

I'm surprised at how quickly they processed this!