Honored Contributor

Re: government free covid test kits.....site is now LIVE

@sunshine45 Your order was provided from a different source. You can still order the federal COVID tests on the website. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@SilleeMee @Order again from the us government site. You can give away what you don't use, but you can't predict what you'll need with this unpredictable situation we are all in.

Good idea! @Mindy D 

I will do that.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @sunshine45 !!!

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@sunshine45 Your order was provided from a different source. You can still order the federal COVID tests on the website. 

@Mindy D 

they are the same links. once you click on the government website link it takes you to the direct link i provided in the initial post. there is no difference.

While COVIDTests.gov was expected to start accepting orders on Wednesday, an "Order free at-home tests" button was added Tuesday, which brings users to usps.com/covidtests to order four at-home free tests.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Super easy.   Remember all the chatter about how hard it was going to be.  Site crashing, etc.   not at all

https://www.covidtests.gov/

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr   I doubt that will happen.  The post office can handle multi millions of pieces of mail daily.

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain   yes.  I remember.  There are always negative nellies no matter what

Honored Contributor

if you are interested in the masks that provide better protection.....

via AP 

Wednesday it was announced that the masks will come from the government’s Strategic National Stockpile, which has more than 750 million of the highly protective masks on hand. The masks will be available for pickup at pharmacies and community health centers across the country. They will begin shipping this week for distribution starting late next week.

This will be the largest distribution of free masks by the federal government to the public since the pandemic began.

Details were not immediately available on the specifics of the program, including the sort of masks to be provided, whether kid-size ones will be available and whether the masks could be reworn.

“To ensure broad access for all Americans, there will be three masks available per person.”

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I read that N95 masks need to be fitted properly in order to provide the needed protection. Wondering if health centers and pharmacies would help with the fitting. If not done right, they aren't very useful. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Order site I used is CovidTests.gov

the site opened yesterday