Trusted Contributor

Re: government free covid test kits.....site is now LIVE

People still won't wear them correctly. About half the people I see wearing masks never put them over their nose. Aggravating.

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

Order site I used is CovidTests.gov

the site opened yesterday 

@Duckncover 

it is the same site i posted in the original post yesterday.

once you click on the link at covidtests.gov it takes you to the usps website to order.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My friend sent me the link yesterday around lunchtime and I signed up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

Does anybody know if this is going to be fairly limited?   I'm sure a lot more people need it more than I, so if there is a limited amount of stock I'll bow out.  If not, I wouldn't mind getting a set.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt I would order anyhow.  You never know when you may need this and it was very difficult in some places to find tests in drugstores for awhile and most places have a limit of 2 boxes when you do find them.

I was ill the week after Christmas and we were able to find a test at our local Walgreens.  Even though the kit comes with 2, I bought 2 boxes because I knew I might need another.  As it turns out, I ended up giving my second box to someone who was ill and couldn't find the test at the drugstore.   

ETA:  I should have kept reading.  I see that you did order.  Smiley Happy 

Valued Contributor

Ordered a set for the parentals since they aren't online anymore.  Fortunately, our county libraries began distributing free tests (2 boxes per day per person) last week so I'm set.  Now waiting on free KN95 masks!

Honored Contributor

@Lynnster67 wrote:

Ordered a set for the parentals since they aren't online anymore.  Fortunately, our county libraries began distributing free tests (2 boxes per day per person) last week so I'm set.  Now waiting on free KN95 masks!

@Lynnster67 our libraries have been distributing free tests for about a month now but as fast as they came in, they were gone.  It was a real problem trying to find tests.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered online though the post office.  Don't know if I will get it.  They confirmed they got my request.  They will let me know when it ships via tracking number.  I paid for my N95 masks.  (through Amazon) Should be getting by end of the week.

Not sure I will get testing kit.   But I'll wait and see.

Respected Contributor

I have a question concerning the test kits.

Do you get the results after you take it at home, or must you return the kit to the government for the results?

Just curious to learn about the timing between taking and results.

Thank you

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclets   The test are meant to be read at home.  There will be very easy instructions to administer your own test and get thecresukts within usually 10 to 15 minutes