Esteemed Contributor

Re: good news - Pres Bush 41 tweeting jokes

I sent President Bush and Barbara a sympathy card when their beloved Millie died....about a month later, I got a handwritten response on the Kennebunkport personal stationary of the President.  He was so warm and he wrote about how special Millie was to his large family, especially to Barbara as Millie was her "shadow" and "constant, loving companion".  "Thank you for writing and it was so meaningful to Barbara and me".  A beautiful note and it hangs on my wall.  I met him twice, once at my Company, at an executive weekend and he was the keynote speaker.  He was friendly, kept dismissing his protection, warm and funny.  No matter where your politics lead you, he was one of the best. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

i know I would not have the courage to jump out of a plane at any age. I wish him well!

Honored Contributor

At least he's not tweeting the off-color jokes he's so fond of telling.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that I was never a fan of President Bush, politically, but he seems to be making the best of his golden years.  

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

He is a real famiy man:  I absolutely adore Barbara and Laura and so did the White House staff according to a book about first ladies.  Best wishes to President Bush for a speedy recovery.