Honored Contributor

Re: funeral for Anthony Bourdain

@SunValley

how

@SunValley wrote:

I have no idea what the family’s plans are and have no opinion one way or another. What I have noticed, is that funeral and memorial services are no longer automatic. I come from a very large, traditional family. Ten years ago cremation and no service were unheard of. Now it runs the range of nothing to graveside only, to full service. The funeral homes in my area are now advertising heavily, stressing the importance of the final goodbye. Their business must really be impacted.

very true!  Our family member works a very well known funeral home & they are stating the same.  The only big services are mostly older people who had pre-arranged(prepaid).

They had to come up with creative alternatives.  They are now offering a simple service.  Most people are choosing cremation and having memorial services off site.

Makes sense -- times have definitely changed.  A few of my aunts/uncles passed kids had gathering at their homes.  

Honored Contributor

Re: funeral for Anthony Bourdain

[ Edited ]

It seemed when I lost my dear mother 8 years ago...the world should just stop for awhile because she had passed....but it didn't .....life kept on going. A very hard thing to deal with when you lose someone so special to you. Bourdain always seemed like a tortured soul to me....I am very sad for his family and loved ones.