Respected Contributor

Re: fun new work toy

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

My dream closet!  What's the sq footage of the closet?  Great toy.  May we see more of your designs?  Thanks for sharing.

@MacDUFF isn't it though........I LOVE that closet lol

on the square footage, I'm not sure, if I was at the office I could tell you.......is HUGE a measurement LOL

sure I'll post them every now and then as I publish them in the 2020...................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

What kind of wood?  Assuming wood and not, oh IDK, Italian marble LOL!

@MacDUFF because they'll be painted white, we're using a Clear Alder.........now the brother's and parent's will be a Cherry and stained with a glaze.

On the marble.......the flooring in the entire house is Italian marble.......even the steps on the grand staircase, which I'm not a fan of marble on steps, buy hey, it's their house and their homeowners insurance............................................raven

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much!!  We are just doing a backsplash and countertop, pretty simple, the hard part has been trying to find a small microwave to go over my stove....

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Thank you so much!!  We are just doing a backsplash and countertop, pretty simple, the hard part has been trying to find a small microwave to go over my stove....

@Mom2Dogs try GE...........they might have a smaller one.........I know someone does because I've had to find one before and I think it was GE.........................raven

Esteemed Contributor

@raven-blackbird

I'll look forward to seeing more of your designs!

Cherry stained with glaze!!!!!  I'm fainting!  Would you have a picture of a sample? 

I simply cannot imagine what it must have cost for Italian marble for 13k sq ft!  Insane!  Personally, I think marble flooring is cold looking and probably just plain cold.  LOL.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Raven, very nice.  I envy your talent.  Good job and blessings to you in your work.  I bet you make many people very, very happy.

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@raven-blackbird

I'll look forward to seeing more of your designs!

Cherry stained with glaze!!!!!  I'm fainting!  Would you have a picture of a sample? 

I simply cannot imagine what it must have cost for Italian marble for 13k sq ft!  Insane!  Personally, I think marble flooring is cold looking and probably just plain cold.  LOL.

@MacDUFF it's also hard as heck........when I was there, the first time,  I tripped and fell on an electrical cord........marble is HARD....LOL

this house is more like a palace then anything........there is no flat ceiling........all are sculptured and have molding outlining it all with gold leaf...........when this house gets further along, I'll post photos................................raven

Respected Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

Raven, very nice.  I envy your talent.  Good job and blessings to you in your work.  I bet you make many people very, very happy.

@shell garden thank you.............I try to make people happy and give them what they envison their space to look like, or what they hope it will........I'm blessed I get to do what I love................................raven

Esteemed Contributor

Re: fun new work toy

[ Edited ]

@raven-blackbird  

Very nice.  That new toy is so helpful in allowing your clients to actually ''see" the final project.  I sure could use you!  Where do you live? 😊

We are vascilating back and forth between selling our house and staying put and renovating our kitchen.  I fully admit that renovation is not my jam, but I have sticker shock from the estimates we have received.  Our realtor has told us not to put any money into our home as it would likely be sold to someone who would turn it into a mcmansion and feels we could get top dollar based on our location.

So now we are back to moving.  I am excited.  We have an appointment this weekend to see a home where every closet has been designed to maximize storage much lIke your pictures.  I heard what the owner spent on these updates and again it is jaw-dropping.  

I must live under a rock.  

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@raven-blackbird

Very nice and so nice that your clients can"see" the finished product.  I sure

@raven-blackbird  

Very nice.  That new toy is so helpful in allowing your clients to actually ''see" the final project.  I sure could use you!  Where do you live? 😊

We are vascilating back and forth between selling our house and staying put and renovating our kitchen.  I fully admit that renovation is not my jam, but I have sticker shock from the estimates we have received.  Our realtor has told us not to put any money into our home as it would likely be sold to someone who would turn it into a mcmansion and feels we could get top dollar based on our location.

So now we are back to moving.  I am excited.  We have an appointment this weekend to see a home where every closet has been designed to maximize storage much lIke your pictures.  I heard what the owner spent on these updates and again it is jaw-dropping.  

I must live under a rock.  

@magicmoodz I did five closets on this house..........price tag 85k that price includes custom cabinetry, design fees and installation.......but it's also a new build, the total sq. footage on the house is 13k

doing a new kitchen can be very expensive or moderatly priced.......it depends on the cabinets.......if you do custom, you're talking expense......but if you do modular cabinets (framed, presized cabinets) then you can do them at a very moderate price.........I have a kitchen I did out of modulars for a housing tact up in the mountains here.........15 homes........it's a spec house and I published it so I'll  post the link........price on that kitchen was only 10k.................................raven