Esteemed Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

Some of you know I'm a designer........I design, kitchens, baths, laundry rooms, closets........any cabinetry in a home

we mostly do HUGE homes, where all cabinetry is custom, but they still have to be designed........I design on a 2020 CAD program and they have added a new toy, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE...........a virtual showroom, now my clients can see the designed space via their phone or lap top, (phone is cooler) while they stand in the actual space........which makes it soooooo much easier for them to realize their dream

click the link and it will take you to 2020 and you can see one of the closets I did for a client whose home is 13k sq. ft.........................raven

http://panorama.2020.net/view/exv2kwclou2gydi6y5f6a/

I love CAD! I didn't know anything about it until we bought our house and then did a complete redo on about 70% of our house. I had such a hard time trying to visualize that until CAD, it is a wonderful tool! That was a couple of yrs ago so I am sure it is even more wonderful! 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

The cherry stained with glaze...does it look like this?  If so, I am seriously jealous...this look is my favorite in cabinetry!!..

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz  @MacDUFF here's a link to a spec house i did...........price tag on it was only 10k...........now these are modular cabinets.........think Kraftmaid.......Shilough..........American Woodmark.......etc.........they are all modular cabinets, meaning there are preset sizing that goes up in size by 3 inches........no custom sizes..........but are framed cabinets with an outstanding finish...........they are good stuff.....................................raven

http://panorama.2020.net/view/5eiuxiq4pe6t2wjxd5zwdg/

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@raven-blackbird

Very nice and so nice that your clients can"see" the finished product.  I sure

@raven-blackbird  

Very nice.  That new toy is so helpful in allowing your clients to actually ''see" the final project.  I sure could use you!  Where do you live? 😊

We are vascilating back and forth between selling our house and staying put and renovating our kitchen.  I fully admit that renovation is not my jam, but I have sticker shock from the estimates we have received.  Our realtor has told us not to put any money into our home as it would likely be sold to someone who would turn it into a mcmansion and feels we could get top dollar based on our location.

So now we are back to moving.  I am excited.  We have an appointment this weekend to see a home where every closet has been designed to maximize storage much lIke your pictures.  I heard what the owner spent on these updates and again it is jaw-dropping.  

I must live under a rock.  

@magicmoodz I did five closets on this house..........price tag 85k that price includes custom cabinetry, design fees and installation.......but it's also a new build, the total sq. footage on the house is 13k

doing a new kitchen can be very expensive or moderatly priced.......it depends on the cabinets.......if you do custom, you're talking expense......but if you do modular cabinets (framed, presized cabinets) then you can do them at a very moderate price.........I have a kitchen I did out of modulars for a housing tact up in the mountains here.........15 homes........it's a spec house and I published it so I'll  post the link........price on that kitchen was only 10k.................................raven

@raven-blackbird

Our estimates have been for custom cabinets and truthfully custom isn't that important to me.  If we renovate now we still might want to sell in a few years.  I do believe the companies we have dealt with are maybe more interested in lining their pockets rather than being sensitive to our ultimate goals.  

Esteemed Contributor

I honestly believe our kitchen cabs are the modular.  I like them, but will always dream about the cherry glazed cabs LOL!

Did you design the layout of the kitchen?

Esteemed Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@magicmoodz  @MacDUFF here's a link to a spec house i did...........price tag on it was only 10k...........now these are modular cabinets.........think Kraftmaid.......Shilough..........American Woodmark.......etc.........they are all modular cabinets, meaning there are preset sizing that goes up in size by 3 inches........no custom sizes..........but are framed cabinets with an outstanding finish...........they are good stuff.....................................raven

http://panorama.2020.net/view/5eiuxiq4pe6t2wjxd5zwdg/

@raven-blackbird

That is very impressive, raven!   I am going to make note of the cabinets you mentioned.  Your recommendation means a lot.  Thank you.  

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

The cherry stained with glaze...does it look like this?  If so, I am seriously jealous...this look is my favorite in cabinetry!!..

@MacDUFF that's about it.........see how you can see both highlights and lowlights.........that undertone of a shear black..........that glaze...........glaze will also be heavier in the low spots so it makes the detail of the doors and drawer fronts pop..................................raven

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz you're very welcome........just remember when dealing with modular cabinets.......four things will make the price go up or down.

1.  door style........the more ornate the door, the higher the cost due to the labor involved in fabricating the door

2, base material.........veneer over plywood construction is more money then veneer over engineered wood.

3,  finish........glazes and highlight can cost more with some companies

4.  raised panel/full overlay door or inset door..........is more expensive then a recessed panel/partial overlay door.

keep that in mind when picking and you can control your costs.........that's something we designers do for a client........................raven

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

So beautiful!

Question...and I hope this makes sense LOL...when you first get into the 2020 closet, and arrow left twice, it looks like a long hallway (for lack of a better word).  The center area in the foreground...does it go all the way back down that hallway?  I'm assuming you can walk all around that center area and that it's all shelving, cabs, and/or drawers?

Respected Contributor

Re: fun new work toy

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

Some of you know I'm a designer........I design, kitchens, baths, laundry rooms, closets........any cabinetry in a home

we mostly do HUGE homes, where all cabinetry is custom, but they still have to be designed........I design on a 2020 CAD program and they have added a new toy, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE...........a virtual showroom, now my clients can see the designed space via their phone or lap top, (phone is cooler) while they stand in the actual space........which makes it soooooo much easier for them to realize their dream

click the link and it will take you to 2020 and you can see one of the closets I did for a client whose home is 13k sq. ft.........................raven

http://panorama.2020.net/view/exv2kwclou2gydi6y5f6a/

I love CAD! I didn't know anything about it until we bought our house and then did a complete redo on about 70% of our house. I had such a hard time trying to visualize that until CAD, it is a wonderful tool! That was a couple of yrs ago so I am sure it is even more wonderful! 

@Irshgrl31201     I LOVE my CAD program.......I love this version 11 even more........although not at first LOL.........nothing was where it was supposed to be and it's not the most user friendly program.......lucky for me I've worked on this program for 10 years so I adapted pretty quickly.............and i took a couple of classes, but I needed the CEd credits anyway............................................raven